New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC observations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have stayed at different places and all without incident. This time we stayed at The Rosewood Mansion. It was ok and other safari show folks were there too. I think the A Loft is my favorite. Walk over and walk back and then go out to dinner at Javiers.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If its destined to happen, it will, wherever and no matter what.

Posts: 1905 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Before going to the convention for the first time this year I thought that staying very close to the convention centre was a must.After staying at a simple and cheap hotel at the market centre about a couple of miles away I am now no longer sure.
If I am faced with the option of paying a hundred dollars a night more to stay very close to the convention centre I might choose to stay again at the Best Western.
I have no issue with remaning at the convention from opening to closing.Walking about outside is not that pleasant in a big city like Dallas where the weather could be bad too.
The same with the restaurants.If I could eat well at a restaurant close to my hotel for 15 bucks then that might be better than going someplace and paying triple that.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drj:
DuggaBoye: If this is your only reason not to patronize Buc-ees you need to do more research. I know for a fact that the owner of Buc-ees is "pro gun" and "pro hunter", and several years ago when some of the oil companies gave him sh*t for lowering his gas prices he gave them his middle finger and bought his own refinery. Helped me and a lot of other Texans.

not to further the hijack, the response is --here:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...901035942#7901035942

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote