New
Find
Notify
Tools

GLOBAL HUNTER DVD VOLUMES II & III
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys - I am in Dallas right now, sitting with my editors as we edit the footage for our up-coming dvd's. So, I wanted some advice/opinions from the hunting video experts (AR members).

We have loads of footage from SA, Botswana, Zim and Zambia. The videos will be almost exclusively DG. We plan to do a separate Plains Game video at a later date, as we have dozens of great plains game hunts, but we will stick with the DG hunts for this edition.

My questions are the following.

1. How long would you like to see a single video be in length/duration?? We started off planning to do one video, but we have SO MUCH footage, that it likely would be 2.5 hrs long, or more, and that just seems to be too long for one video.

So the plan now looks like we will do two separate videos. Maybe SA & Botswana, then Zim & Zambia, for example.

2. If you are looking at buying a video, what's your ideal dollar amount you would normally be willing to pay for a good video? We've all seen in the past, they range from $15 - $50 on average.

Now, my idea with these videos has nothing to do with making money from selling videos, they are geared towards entertainment, and promotion for GHR/ the outfitters/showing the trophies, and just plain fun. Most AR members seemed to like GLOBAL HUNTER Vol 1, so we hope to make two & three better.

3. Lastly, we plan to have the videos ready for public distribution in the next 4-6 weeks. We will hopefully finish the editing in the next couple days, then the guys will put in the graphics, music, narration, etc. So it will still be a few weeks before final completion.

If I offer them to all of you AR members for $5 - $6 bucks each, will that be acceptable? That price to include shipping as well.

4. We have taken out the cheesy clips of me at the gun shop, my buddy's house, etc. We do plan to add info to the beginning of each hunt segment with the hunter's name, weapon used, outfitter and the PH. But they will not include a bunch of camp talk, driving talk, etc, etc, as to me that just gets boring. I want to see HUNTING, what says you????

5. Any last suggestions you may have, so we can make them better is helpful? Remember, everyone has a different opinion so we can't do it all, but we are wanting additional suggestions?

Thank you,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Arron, thanks for the opportunity to input to the making of your videos.

quote:
Guys - I am in Dallas right now, sitting with my editors as we edit the footage for our up-coming dvd's. So, I wanted some advice/opinions from the hunting video experts (AR members).

We have loads of footage from SA, Botswana, Zim and Zambia. The videos will be almost exclusively DG. We plan to do a separate Plains Game video at a later date, as we have dozens of great plains game hunts, but we will stick with the DG hunts for this edition.

1. How long would you like to see a single video be in length/duration?? We started off planning to do one video, but we have SO MUCH footage, that it likely would be 2.5 hrs long, or more, and that just seems to be too long for one video.
My attention span is limited to about 1 hour, so that would be my recommended length.

So the plan now looks like we will do two separate videos. Maybe SA & Botswana, then Zim & Zambia, for example.

2. If you are looking at buying a video, what's your ideal dollar amount you would normally be willing to pay for a good video? We've all seen in the past, they range from $15 - $50 on average.
I rarely spend more than about $15 for a video.

Now, my idea with these videos has nothing to do with making money from selling videos, they are geared towards entertainment, and promotion for GHR/ the outfitters/showing the trophies, and just plain fun. Most AR members seemed to like GLOBAL HUNTER Vol 1, so we hope to make two & three better.

3. Lastly, we plan to have the videos ready for public distribution in the next 4-6 weeks. We will hopefully finish the editing in the next couple days, then the guys will put in the graphics, music, narration, etc. So it will still be a few weeks before final completion.

If I offer them to all of you AR members for $5 - $6 bucks each, will that be acceptable? That price to include shipping as well.
This would be a great price for a quality video, and I would be first in line to buy them at that price.

4. We have taken out the cheesy clips of me at the gun shop, my buddy's house, etc. We do plan to add info to the beginning of each hunt segment with the hunter's name, weapon used, outfitter and the PH. But they will not include a bunch of camp talk, driving talk, etc, etc, as to me that just gets boring. I want to see HUNTING, what says you????
tu2 tu2 tu2

5. Any last suggestions you may have, so we can make them better is helpful? Remember, everyone has a different opinion so we can't do it all, but we are wanting additional suggestions?
The only other thing that I could see that would make them better would be if I was the hunter. Wink Wink dancing

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with everything buffybr says and I can't really think of any more to ad. Carry on!
I can't wait to receive these next videos.

Jon

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm on the other end of this one. I like the "Boddington on....." format of a long dvd +/- 3 hours, with good production value and just sell it for more (I think theirs are about $40). I can always shut off and come back.

I like the idea of paying a little more and getting an exceptional and informative video. Seems to me that many of the $15 videos I have seen weren't worth $5. With a few exceptions, I get kind of bored with many of the hunting shows and videos, mainly because so many of them look like they were made by kids in the local junior college audio/visual club.

Good luck finishing up your video and I will certainly buy a copy to support a fellow AR guy!

One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
I guess I'm on the other end of this one. I like the "Boddington on....." format of a long dvd +/- 3 hours, with good production value and just sell it for more (I think theirs are about $40). I can always shut off and come back.

I like the idea of paying a little more and getting an exceptional and informative video. Seems to me that many of the $15 videos I have seen weren't worth $5. With a few exceptions, I get kind of bored with many of the hunting shows and videos, mainly because so many of them look like they were made by kids in the local junior college audio/visual club.

Good luck finishing up your video and I will certainly buy a copy to support a fellow AR guy!

tu2 tu2

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I think 90 minutes is about ideal and priced from $29.95 to $34.95 is the right price point. I have a hard time parting with $50 for a dvd but that is just my opinion. Other may be willing to part with more. But content defintely matters!

I have no problem with some plainsgame hunting scattered in with DG. After all that is a typical safari experience...

I also don't mind some background on the set-up of the camp and footage of the area/concession. I enjoy seeing new territory and camps and really get a kick out of seeing a place I have been to before. Thanks for taking time to get feedback. I am sure it will help in your process of creating a worthwhile hunting narrative!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Justin - I agree, quality with any product always dictates price. I think we will have a good quality product, but we have tried to make them as true hunting videos, and leave most of the informative type stuff to the pros at SAFARI CLASSICS. Craig is the true PRO, and the guy with the info and experience that backs that up. I'm just a hunter, and a guy that wants to share that with others.

We are working hard on making a QUALITY product, not a junior college project. We will do our best to produce good audio/visual stuff, but like I say, we are not PROS like Dave & Tim.

The idea for $5 - $6 for AR guys is simply to cover the duplication cost and shipping of each DVD to you guys. We certainly are not trying to make a dollar from it, just to be honest.

I don't expect everyone to like em, but hopefully most of you guys will.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, I thought your first video was great, and I can't wait to see some of your Zambia footage. I am glad that you're adding a little more introductory info before each hunt sequence. The only other thing you might do differently from the first video would be to remove the kill shots from the opening sequence (which was otherwise awesome, by the way). It sort of takes away some of the suspense. Mark Buchanan does the same thing in the opening sequence of each of his videos, and I think it takes away from them, too. The same sort of sequence might be great at the end, though.

For me, a long, good video is not a problem. I can watch hours of Tracks Across Africa but lose interest after about five minutes of the dudes arrowing impala from a concrete blind on the show that follows it. Perhaps 90 minutes is a good balance.

I think $20-30 is a great price range. At that price, it's not a big deal for the average purchaser to take a chance that the video isn't good. I would happily pay that amount or a bit more, and I'm very appreciative of your generous offer to give the videos to AR members at cost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a 60 to 90 minute video is about right for viewing. If you had 2 1/2 hrs, just split it up and call them Vol I & II.
A short intro to the camp facilities, etc. would be great,as you said this would be viewed by potential future customers for the outfitter.
As far as cost is concerened (of course you have to cover all your expenses), but $15 ~ $20 each would probably sell more than the higher end.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandyhunter:
The only other thing you might do differently from the first video would be to remove the kill shots from the opening sequence (which was otherwise awesome, by the way). It sort of takes away some of the suspense. Mark Buchanan does the same thing in the opening sequence of each of his videos, and I think it takes away from them, too. The same sort of sequence might be great at the end, though.

Yep, forgot to mention that. We plan to do the opening differently as well. A bit of shooting, but more of the overall picture of the safari experience. Wildlife, camps, sunsets, etc. I think the bang, bang, bang stuff on the first one was a bit much.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
75 to 90 minutes...

$20-$25

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamr

I also don't mind some background on the set-up of the camp and footage of the area/concession. I enjoy seeing new territory and camps and really get a kick out of seeing a place I have been to before. Thanks for taking time to get feedback. I am sure it will help in your process of creating a worthwhile hunting narrative!
The time of year is also helpful to know.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like you are on the right track, especially with the comments of the folks that have already replied. I look forward to seeing it.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. 2-3 hrs
Any chance of Mozambique footage?
2.$30-40
3. An awesome idea once again, looking forward to Vol.2 and 3
4. Sounds good
5. I gave a detalied, lengthy review of your first one. I do like to see short segments of camp accomdations, downtime, scenery and wildlife mixed in.

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
I would like to throw my two cents in, I love the idea of getting a 5-6 dollar dvd for being a member on here! thanks for hooking us up!

Now, as far as price is concerned, if you are going to charge more than 15$ you better make sure it's long.

I bought boddingtons video on leopard, bc I'm going on leopard hunt, however the price tag of 40$ was way beyond my normal price I would pay for any dvd. Now, granted it's one of a kind, and a selling point was it's very long run time.

If it hadn't been that long, don't know if I would have bought it.

I was actually having dinner with a friend last night and we stopped off at a sporting goods store, and there was a huge rack of dvds, all on sale. My thoughts are, that because there is such a vast amount of free media online/cable (cable isn't free) that the video market would definitely be a hard one to make any money on anymore.

From a young persons (26) who's computer savy...it better be cheap if you intend on selling a bunch. IMO

Looking forward to seeing it!

I like many above want to see more than just hunting, include all camps, scenery, and wildlife.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wsquared:
1. 2-3 hrs
Any chance of Mozambique footage?
2.$30-40
3. An awesome idea once again, looking forward to Vol.2 and 3
4. Sounds good
5. I gave a detalied, lengthy review of your first one. I do like to see short segments of camp accomdations, downtime, scenery and wildlife mixed in.

No Mozambique stuff yet, but is on the future planning. Thanks for the comments.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oryxhunter1983:
Aaron,
I would like to throw my two cents in, I love the idea of getting a 5-6 dollar dvd for being a member on here! thanks for hooking us up!

Now, as far as price is concerned, if you are going to charge more than 15$ you better make sure it's long.

I bought boddingtons video on leopard, bc I'm going on leopard hunt, however the price tag of 40$ was way beyond my normal price I would pay for any dvd. Now, granted it's one of a kind, and a selling point was it's very long run time.

If it hadn't been that long, don't know if I would have bought it.

I was actually having dinner with a friend last night and we stopped off at a sporting goods store, and there was a huge rack of dvds, all on sale. My thoughts are, that because there is such a vast amount of free media online/cable (cable isn't free) that the video market would definitely be a hard one to make any money on anymore.

From a young persons (26) who's computer savy...it better be cheap if you intend on selling a bunch. IMO

Looking forward to seeing it!

I like many above want to see more than just hunting, include all camps, scenery, and wildlife.

Oryx - Like I say, we don't plan to really sell them for profit. The idea is additional volumes of GLOBAL HUNTER as a promotional opportunity for GHR, plus entertainment for the viewers. But don't get me wrong, it will be formatted as an actual hunting video, not done in the promotional style.

Just thought I would ask for future reference, as to the price that you guys normally are willing to pay for dvd's. Unless you're the Safari Classic guys, Realtree, or somebody like that, profiting from video sales is a waste of time. Its just nice to try and cover some of the reproduction, packaging, and shipping costs. Guys here on AR are the experienced type, and hopefully hunters that will enjoy the videos.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sign me up!

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Aaron, My advise would be to try and keep them "real" - and show the entire experience involved with a particular hunt and animal. A baited leopard hunt for example is easy to show, one shoots bait, selects a site, baits/drags, sits, shoots, recovers. Cool stuff, and seeing the process from start to finish helps one get a feel for the entire experience. Your boat ride to select a hippo thru the shooting and recovery is another. Most every animal has a "classic" hunt attached, and this is what I try to capture on my own hunts. There does not need to be a whole lot of “teaching” involved to get this across to an interested and observant viewer. I enjoy DVD’s that show the whole process, not just the kill. I have not seen your Volume I, and perhaps you already include this footage. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have app. 100 african hunting videos on file so it's obvious I like watching african videos. They range in quality from from 1 - 10. One of my favorites is an older one by Safari Video called "Tracking Trophies" I like it because Joe Clay is genuine, he doesn't put on, doesn't look at the camera and ham it up, etc. The video id just an all around good video.
Although not a video, one of the worst TV hunting shows I remember was one of Boddingtons(no offense intended) with Ivan and some overweight guy who looked like he wasn't happy being there!! I don't think the guy ever smiled, after he shot the animal it was like, Oh well, I shot another damn animal. I was so put off by that show and that particular guy, I just turned it off.

The things I like to see on african hunting:
1. Explain where you are, I've never been to Zambia, show me on a map or what concession you are hunting and how you got there. I might want to go there!
2. Show the camps, no need to spend a bunch of time but it's interesting to see the setting for the camps.
3. I don't need to see guys sighting in their rifles (wasted time) but I do want to know what kind of rifle and loads they are shooting.
4. After you shoot an animal, I like to see more than one straight on photo shot. Buffalo may have a great boss but you can't appreciate it with a straight on shot.
5. I don't have a problem with celebrations and emotions just the lack of. When we don't show any emotion, it's time to quit hunting.
6. Background sounds. To me nothing exudes africa like doves in the background, baboons barking in the distance, francolin stirring in the morning, these are all sounds of africa that strike dear to most that have been there.
For whatever thats worth, those are some of the things that I like and dislike in a video.
Good luck to you and bring em on!!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure your video will be great, I was just wanting to share my thoughts, I'll def. order one!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the 60--90 minutes each is good. No initial kill shots and no loud music. Very little camp chatter and no bad jokes. I think that about $ 25--$30 each is fair and I'll buy one of each. Thanks for doing this.

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
70-90 minutes. $25-$30. Please more than final approaches and kills. Some instruction is nice, interviews, and so on.
I like the two Buzz has sold about as much as any hunting videos I've seen.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

The only thing I'd like to see more of on videos is discussion of loads and after the fact load performance - I always like to analyze where the shots went and how the bullets performed after I take something.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

I can't remember ever thinking a hunting video was too long, but I definitely thought Mountain Buffalo was too short. At least 1.5 hours.

A dangerous game hunting documentary $35-45. A dangerous game hunting highlight real $20-30.

3. ....If I offer them to all of you AR members for $5 - $6 bucks each, will that be acceptable? That price to include shipping as well.

Sounds great!

4. We have taken out the cheesy clips of me at the gun shop, my buddy's house, etc. Good plan! We do plan to add info to the beginning of each hunt segment with the hunter's name, weapon used, outfitter and the PH. Good plan! But they will not include a bunch of camp talk, driving talk, etc, etc, as to me that just gets boring. I want to see HUNTING, what says you???? I don't think it's superfolus if it adds educational info or background to the hunting sequence. Fine line though.

Thank you,No. Thank you!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
Aaron, My advise would be to try and keep them "real" - and show the entire experience involved with a particular hunt and animal. A baited leopard hunt for example is easy to show, one shoots bait, selects a site, baits/drags, sits, shoots, recovers. Cool stuff, and seeing the process from start to finish helps one get a feel for the entire experience. Your boat ride to select a hippo thru the shooting and recovery is another. Most every animal has a "classic" hunt attached, and this is what I try to capture on my own hunts. There does not need to be a whole lot of “teaching” involved to get this across to an interested and observant viewer. I enjoy DVD’s that show the whole process, not just the kill. I have not seen your Volume I, and perhaps you already include this footage. Regards, Bill

I like that! What Bill said!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill C:
+ 1 for Bill's comments. How do we AR'ers get our hands on a copy (of even the first one?)
JCHB
JCHB

Posts: 423 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCHB:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill C:
+ 1 for Bill's comments. How do we AR'ers get our hands on a copy (of even the first one?)
JCHB
JCHB

JCBH - If you want a copy of the first one, same offer still applies as we did the first time. Send me a check for $3.00, and I will send you the Tanzania Vol 1. Make sure and send me your mailing address, and I will have it out to you within a couple days.

Send to:
Global Hunting Resources
PO Box 620459
Littleton, Co. 80162

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron:

1.Length of time 90-120 minutes

2.Price $25-$35

3. Many thanks for offering the new volumes at the discounted price to AR members. That price is more than acceptable.

4.Hunting action is always good, but some filler is needed. Camps, brief interviews with staff(trackers), and a map showing the area you are hunting gives the uninformed an idea and feel for the place.

Good luck on the project and can't wait to see the finished product.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No hard rock music...No foney whispering..No fake bino viewing...No staged pointing of animals...And don't make it predictable as in just kill, kill, kill. Every once in awhile throw the viewer a curve. Make it your own, "Aaron Neilson Style" DVD. There's lot's of ways to make it your own signature style line of DVD's...but what would I know? Price and length don't matter to me as long as it holds my attention and offers gripping action. Put me down as a buyer! Where can I buy it NOW! What's takin' you so long?

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moja - The final edition we hope to have available in 3-5 weeks for all AR members. I will make another post, once they are ready to ship. Man, we are doing our best to make them good quality. Hopefully everyone likes em.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. Count me in for one. Just repost when they are done, and I'll get a check in the mail.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron
It sounds like you are on the right track. I would suggest a length of 60-90 minutes. I would mix in planesgame and footage of the terrain and camp. $20 -$30 seems to be the going rate but I would much appreciate the AR discount. I always like to know what rifle and caliber the hunter is using. I did like your first DVD and the changes that you mention will only result in a better product.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
Aaron
It sounds like you are on the right track. I would suggest a length of 60-90 minutes. I would mix in planesgame and footage of the terrain and camp. $20 -$30 seems to be the going rate but I would much appreciate the AR discount. I always like to know what rifle and caliber the hunter is using. I did like your first DVD and the changes that you mention will only result in a better product.

Terry - As you suggest, we will add a bit of plains game footage, and probably have each video from 60-90 minutes. Take out the cheesy stuff from last time, and add some info we didn't have before.

We plan to include the area, the hunter/ph, the caliber used, and are looking at the best way to put in the maps of the location, etc.

Once they are ready, we will post how to get them.

Thanks,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are y'all going to throw in at least one sitatunga hunt on the Zambia video? Those are almost unheard of on commercially available DVDs. Saeed's Tanzanian sitatunga was neat to see, and the Shockey episode in the Lunga Luswishi was great, too, but the other stuff that's out there is not the best -- mostly distant shots with grainy image quality.

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terry - As you suggest, we will add a bit of plains game footage, and probably have each video from 60-90 minutes. Take out the cheesy stuff from last time, and add some info we didn't have before.

We plan to include the area, the hunter/ph, the caliber used, and are looking at the best way to put in the maps of the location, etc.

Once they are ready, we will post how to get them.

Thanks,

Sounds like an excellent video.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the one thing that bugs me is when the intrepid hunter relives the stalk and the shot after you have just watched the whole thing unfold before your eyes. Wastes valuable time on the dvd

Posts: 62 | Location: Crows Nest QLD. Australia | Registered: 22 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandyhunter:
Are y'all going to throw in at least one sitatunga hunt on the Zambia video? Those are almost unheard of on commercially available DVDs. Saeed's Tanzanian sitatunga was neat to see, and the Shockey episode in the Lunga Luswishi was great, too, but the other stuff that's out there is not the best -- mostly distant shots with grainy image quality.

Sandyhunter - Unfortunately my Sitatunga was not on film, and Corey's is very rough footage, as he had to film and shoot. Working on getting another one from Corey, but not sure if they will part with it because of the new PROFESSIONALS show.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:

60min is too short, 2.5 hours is too long. 90 minutes of good footage always seems like good value to me.

I pay $19.99 for most videos up here in Canuckistan. I will pay more for something special...like the "Boddington on..." series, that are longer and have a lot more information. If its just "escape", I won't pay $39.99 or $49.99, and add shipping on top of that...

I enjoyed it for sure.

Acceptable? That's downright generous. I look forward to seeing them. Smiler

I like HUNTING, and some shooting. A little bit of camp talk, truck etc, is cool if it sets up the hunt, but not if its just filler.

Thank you,

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SableTrail:
No hard rock music...No foney whispering..No fake bino viewing...No staged pointing of animals...And don't make it predictable as in just kill, kill, kill. Every once in awhile throw the viewer a curve. Make it your own, "Aaron Neilson Style" DVD. There's lot's of ways to make it your own signature style line of DVD's...but what would I know? Price and length don't matter to me as long as it holds my attention and offers gripping action. Put me down as a buyer! Where can I buy it NOW! What's takin' you so long?

Hey...those are all good suggestions...how could I have spaced them?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote