New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off to Africa!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am leaving on Sunday for a month in Africa. I will be hunting cow elephant and PAC bulls in Zimbabwe for 15 days then down to the Karoo in SA for itty bitty antelope for 7 days. I'll be back here on April 5 and have a report for you on SAA and any travel problems or firearms import problems I experience. I will be leaving Zim two days before the elections so hopefully will miss any post election violence there.

465H&H

"Landa enne!"

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Have a safe and successful journey.

Hunt as long as you can
As hard as you can.
You may not get tommorrow.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
465H&H

Good luck on your hunt, hope you find a big tusker in with the PAC bulls. You are cutting it close particularly if you are going through Harare. Will look forward to your report and pictures when you get back.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ditto on the above ....chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the hunts and the travelling.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your hunt make the most of it

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember to have fun, I just think that you do not get any ity bity animals. Even blesbuk has its own type of value and challenges when hunted by walk and stalk. I do hope you get good hunting done and then also good trophy's

Posts: 166 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 14 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will primarily be after a Vaal rhebock in the Karoo. It is a local legend because of it's size and it's ability to make hunters miss it. I missed it 2 years ago and had to settle for a smaller ram. The smaller ram is in the top 15 of the new SCI book. This should be a challenging hunt as I think they are the most difficult animal to get close to (<250 yds.) in Africa.

CHHERS!
465H&H

"Landa enne!"

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote