New
Find
Notify
Tools

RYAN ZINKE DEPT SHAKEUP
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I READ AN ARTICLE TODAY THAT RYAN ZINKES 120 DAYS IS ALMOST UP(THE TIME HE HAD TO WAIT TO RESTRUCTURE DEPT. POSITIONS)AND HE HAS NOTIFIED APPRROXIMATELY 50 OF HIS STAFF THAT THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES ARE CHANGING. MANY OF THEM ARE IN THE DEPT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE! CAN'T HAPPEN SOON ENOUGH!!
MARK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Story

Excerpts:

Among the Fish and Wildlife officials are the assistant director for international affairs, Bryan Arroyo; the Southwest regional director, Benjamin Tuggle; and the Southeast regional director, Cindy Dohner.
Other moves include the transfer of the Bureau of Land Management’s New Mexico state director, Amy Lueders, to Fish and Wildlife,
while Fish and Wildlife’s chief of law enforcement, Bill Woody, is slated for the BLM

https://www.fws.gov/offices/bryanarroyo.html
Arroyo looks interesting from his profile - maybe some changes will happen!!
"He is responsible for the Service’s coordination of domestic and international strategies to protect, restore and enhance the world’s diverse wildlife and their habitats with a focus on species of international concern.  He is responsible for the implementation of 40 conventions, treaties, and agreements, and oversees the International Wildlife Trade and Wildlife Without Borders programs.  The focus of International Affair is to promote, facilitate, and influence conservation across the globe.  Working with partners around the world to conserve species, International Affairs administers grant programs supporting human and institutional capacity building and conservation research, provides technical assistance to wildlife managers in other countries, helps to conserve species at risk through the regulation of international trade, and works closely with States and Native American tribes to ensure conservation of U.S. species in international trade."

Previously involved in some skull duggery
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10...sketchy-pr-contract/

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The important thing is to follow International Conventions, rather than be a bunch of idiots inventing their own interpretation of them.

CITES should be applied where it is relevant, not USF&W making up their own rules as they see fit.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The important thing is to follow International Conventions, rather than be a bunch of idiots inventing their own interpretation of them.

CITES should be applied where it is relevant, not USF&W making up their own rules as they see fit.

EXACTLY!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Precisely right. If you are going to be a party to international conventions like CITES and participate in the member nation conferences, then be prepared to accept the positions taken by such bodies. If you do not feel that you can abide by the positions taken by such conferences, then withdraw from the convention. But to participate and then do your own thing is just disingenuous, not to mention disrespectful of the other member countries.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see the slant the Post would have put on the story had it been one of Hillary's shills doing the same thing... effusive praise in all probability.

By gosh, the man has a right to put people in positions that think and will do what he and the administration wants them to do, no more, no less. How many of you had a company you worked for acquired and the policies and people stayed exactly the same as before the acquisition? Policies and people change. sometimes people leave, whether voluntary or not. Why should the government be any different. The problem with government is too many of lifelong public sector workers have been coddled...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but, but, what they gonna do if they loose their jobs?
Well, they will have to find another one...
But, but, they went to school for those jobs, that's not fair...

Classic liberal conversation, oh boy, heard plenty of those every time FS would let someone go on local level

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote