THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Uganda: Crocodiles kill 13 in Mayuge

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uganda: Crocodiles kill 13 in Mayuge
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Uganda: Crocodiles Kill Thirteen in Mayuge

New Vision (Kampala)

31 May 2007
Posted to the web 1 June 2007

Moses Nampala
Kampala

A total of 13 people have been killed by crocodiles in Mayuge district since the year began.

The crocodiles mainly attacked fishermen, women and children from Kityerera and Malongo sub-counties, that border Lake Victoria.

During a meeting last week, the councillor for Kityerera sub-county, Rashid Kimera, said the crocodiles attacked the victims as they collected firewood or water. "The reptiles waylaid their victims by the roadside."

Kimera said the locals were also bound to face famine because herds of hippos from the lake destroy their crops.

The district chairperson, Bakali Tigawalana, said the problems would be addressed soon.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Smart crocs to go and act like highwaymen and waylay their victims by the roadside.
Why not allow an official delegation of AR representatives to go in and clean up the mess?

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I am available for problem hippo control in Uganda, if there is someone who knows how to do it at my side.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's sounds pretty good, PAC crocs and hippos.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.