THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    TANZ:American couple claim of world record crocodile kill sparks outrage

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TANZ:American couple claim of world record crocodile kill sparks outrage
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/t...arks-outrage-4475498

Link to photo and article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9376 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u7310g0JF0

Video of croc.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://globalsouthworld.com/a...-outrage-in-tanzania

Link has video, article and photos of croc.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
16'3" Bow record.

Attention whores hastening the end of hunting.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Honestly, with a line attached arrow (harpoon?) I would think bow hunting croc would be easier than rifle- recovery becomes a nonissue.

I thought that was kind of how most alligators are taken here?

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Honestly, with a line attached arrow (harpoon?) I would think bow hunting croc would be easier than rifle- recovery becomes a nonissue.

I thought that was kind of how most alligators are taken here?

Some gators are indeed taken that way. Personally, I seriously doubt it is the majority of them. I never hunt them that way .

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
16'3" Bow record.

Attention whores hastening the end of hunting.

Yup

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Bowmar is a disaster.

https://gearjunkie.com/news/jo...aching-case-sentence

Hunt hard, hunt whatever you want, but leave it offline, aye?

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.justice.gov/usao-n...d-conspiracy-violate

PRESS RELEASE

Bowmar Bowhunting LLC and Owners Josh and Sarah Bowmar Sentenced for Conspiracy to Violate the Lacey Act

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Nebraska

United States Attorney Steven Russell announced that Josh T. Bowmar, 32, Sarah E. Bowmar, 33, and Bowmar Bowhunting LLC, all of Ankeny, Iowa, were sentenced on January 12, 2023 in federal court in Omaha, Nebraska, by United States Magistrate Judge Michael D. Nelson for Conspiracy to Violate the Lacey Act. The Lacey Act prohibits the trafficking in interstate commerce "tainted" (i.e., taken in violation of a law or regulation) wildlife, fish, or indigenous plants. Josh and Sarah Bowmar, and their corporate entity, Bowmar Bowhunting LLC, (collectively referred to as the Bowmars) were convicted after previously pleading guilty to Conspiring to Violate the Lacey Act and sentenced each to three years’ probation and 40 hours of community service each. Magistrate Judge Nelson ordered the Bowmars to pay a $75,000 fine ($25,000 each), a $44,000 money judgment in lieu of forfeiting certain property, and $13,000 restitution. As part of the probation terms, the Bowmars shall not hunt or engage in any activities associated with hunting within the District of Nebraska during the period of probation.

The investigation determined that beginning in September 2015, and continuing through November 2017, the Bowmars conducted approximately five hunts per year at Hidden Hills Outfitters (HHO), a commercial big game guiding and outfitting business, near Broken Bow, Nebraska. During the course of commercially guided hunting activity, the Bowmars conspired to transport wildlife, or parts thereof, from Nebraska to Ohio, when the Bowmars should have known that the wildlife was attempted to be taken, possessed, and transported contrary to Nebraska state law. The Bowmars, utilizing various internet and social media platforms including their Bowmar Bowhunting website, Instagram site, and YouTube channel, published and broadcasted hunting activities that occurred at HHO.

This sentencing hearing marks the completion of all foreseen prosecutions of numerous defendants related to violations committed by owners, guides, and clients of Hidden Hills Outfitters. Violations associated with 52 individuals have been resolved throughout this investigation. A total of 39 defendants have pleaded guilty and have been sentenced and ordered to pay a total of $759,732 in fines, restitution, and forfeiture, serve 30 months of incarceration, 47 years of probation, and 72 years of hunting and guiding restrictions for underlying violations related to at least 97 unlawfully-taken big game animals or wild turkey including deer taken within baited areas; deer, pronghorn, and wild turkeys taken with weapons or firearms prohibited during their respective hunting seasons; deer taken during closed season hours, from the road, or without a valid permit; and mule deer taken within the Mule Deer Conservation Area. An additional 13 individuals resolved their cases through administrative abandonment of various wildlife trophies originating from unlawful hunts at Hidden Hills Outfitters.

The operation was a joint investigation conducted by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Law Enforcement and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Law Enforcement Division.

Contact
Michael Norris - Criminal Chief (402) 661-3700

Updated January 19, 2023

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If my memory serves me correctly, these clowns were kicked out of SCI over these Nebraska issues.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
If what is posted above is true, these two should be banned for life!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
If what is posted above is true, these two should be banned for life!

And the ban should also be extended to deny access to the Convention Hall on a "Persona non Grata" basis.
Let them live their hunting lives as outcasts.

Posts: 1910 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/t...der-scrutiny-4476698

Tanzania's trophy hunting industry under scrutiny.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I agree those 2 are nuts and their past transgressions should get them removed from orgs and their social media is bad for hunting.

But please can someone explain what the outrage over this particular croc is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious. Does anyone know what concession this croc was taken in?

Posts: 801 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Actually, nothing makes sense.

Unless these did something illegal, why is the hoopla??

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont think they broke any laws on this one. The video dragging it behind the truck was bad form and probably shouldn't have posted it.

I think this is manufactured outrage, I'm not sure people are going to get really worked up over a crocodile.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LivingTheDream1:
I dont think they broke any laws on this one. The video dragging it behind the truck was bad form and probably shouldn't have posted it.

I think this is manufactured outrage, I'm not sure people are going to get really worked up over a crocodile.

I agree.

The biggest problem is that the social media of these clowns is being monitored. Once that tabloid picked it up, the tsunami started.

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://lakezonewatch.com/tawa...n-crocodile-hunting/

TAWA launches probe on viral video clip on crocodile hunting

December 28, 2023 Lake Zone Watch
By Lake Zone Watch writer

The Tanzania Wildlife Management Authority (TAWA) has launched investigations to find out whether there is contravention of the country’s hunting laws following a video clip circulating in the social media that an American hunter, Josh Bowmer, had caught a world record monstrous crocodile measuring 16 feet three inches.

The video clip which went viral had caused public apprehension warranting detailed probe into the incident whether the said hunter had broken the laws of the land in wildlife hunting, a statement released by TAWA yesterday said.

“After the completion of the investigations, a full report would be issued on steps to be taken if it discovered that the country’s laws had been disregarded,” said the statement.

Tanzania, Africa’s premier trophy hunting safari destination, offers variety of huntable games varying from small ungulates to the largest herbivores of the earth.

However, tourist hunting is regulated by regulations connected to TAWA’s conservation strategy.

Like in other countries, tourism hunting is governed by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of World Fauna and Flora (CITES) of which Tanzania is a party.

According to the TAWA statement, crocodiles are among the wildlife protected under CITES whose allowable annual harvest is 1,600 for 300-centimetre-long crocodiles.

Usually, skin tags are attached to the hunted crocodiles and export permits are used to transport their trophies, the TAWA statement explained.

“Under CITES, any person is allowed to engage in tourism hunting after getting a permit from TAWA after fulfilling all conditions. TAWA bears the responsibility of overseeing the hunting process at every stage,” the statement said.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Social media thumbdown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
We hunters can be or own worst enemy. Although I hesitate to consider these assholes as hunters…. Mad

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Social media thumbdown

SICK media!

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
The Bowmars are douchebags of the highest order whose narcissism knows no bounds.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I agree those 2 are nuts and their past transgressions should get them removed from orgs and their social media is bad for hunting.

But please can someone explain what the outrage over this particular croc is?

This was my exact reaction as I read the article. It appears the hunters are scumbags as I read their past transgressions, but pertaining to this hunt, I was mystified at the uproar, unless they have broken SOME law that is not explained in the article. It seems that if anyone else besides these jerks had taken the croc, it would not be news. It would simply be a legal taking of a game animal in Tanzania. End of story.

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 29 December 2023 21:00 Hide Post
Just curious. Does anyone know what concession this croc was taken in?

That croc was taken out of Lake Rukwa

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/t...f-giant-croc-4480570

Tanzania clears American couple, link to article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/t...f-giant-croc-4480570

Tanzania clears American couple, link to article.

Great!

As should be.

But these two idiots needs to learn a lesson.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

But these two idiots needs to learn a lesson.

Bingo. Those two are a lightning rod for trouble.