THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Can a person leave Joburg airport for several hours between flights ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a person leave Joburg airport for several hours between flights ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last July, on my way to Namibia I stopped off in Johannesburg for four days.. Nothing but grief going through with my guns as lots have experienced.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!! I was just wondering. Since I have four or five hours to kill while waiting for my flight in July again to Windhoek, would it be possible to go through customs and have coffee with a friend in the airport and then go back through customs ... my suitcase and guncases still being on their journey from Calgary to Windhoek ... Sounds like a pipe dream but...???

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Richard,

We did that in in 1996, as we had an 8 hour lay-over. We left the airport and went into town toa shopping mall.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did a post on that.Just dont know where it is..You have to call your first carrier..The one getting you to jo..Ask them if they have a baggage agreement with the carrier your hooking up with,and how long its for..In my case mine does and its 12 hours.But their all diff...Hey fellow canuck headed to SA,give me a line dougl@nrtco.net

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
I did that on my last trip in June 2004 when I had a several-hour layover on the way to Zambia. On the recommendation of my PH I cleared Immigration, Customs, and SAPS and we trundled my luggage around the airport on a cart as we had breakfast in the airport and he briefed me on what to expect in Zambia (and I handed off some items that he'd asked me to bring in for him) before checking in on my flight to Zambia.

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed, Charger (PM sent) and Slingster .. I shall try ...

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote