posted
my one experience....
JUNK
looks like a kid tried to do 'glassing

jeffe

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not happy with mine and will not buy another.

Posts: 266 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"...What baffles me is that anyone would bother to order an MPI stock at all. I can't think of an aftermarket synthetic stock I dislike more, and in all respects it's inferior to McMillan, Borden/Rimrock, H-S Precision, or even Brown in my opinion..."

You are absolutely right.

We order stocks in relatively large quantities, through a friend who is a stocker for the bench rest crowd.

He could not get the quantities we wanted, and someone told me MPI supplies the stocks to Dakota Arms, as well as other manufacturers.

So we went ahead and ordered them. My friend opened one, and was totally disgusted with it, and told me so. Offering to return them to MPI.

I told him to ship them to us anyway, so I take all the blame for this disaster.

That is precicely why I try to warn others not to fall in teh same trap.

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
MPI stocks are made in Portland, about an hour's drive from me, and I've visited their "facility" before. After my visit, I came away convinced that they're dealing with too many chemical and glue fumes in that old building for their own good.......

What baffles me is that anyone would bother to order an MPI stock at all. I can't think of an aftermarket synthetic stock I dislike more, and in all respects it's inferior to McMillan, Borden/Rimrock, H-S Precision, or even Brown in my opinion.

I've handled complete rifles wearing MPI stocks with free-floated forends that were so flimsey you could actually twist and bend the forend (enough to touch the barrel on either side) with your bare hands and not much of an effort, either. Try that with a McMillan or H-S and you'll find that you won't twist the forend anywhere, no matter how hard you try.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I recall reading on another post that you had or have an MPI stock on one of your rifles. What is your opinion of MPI products?
I welcome input from everyone on this question it's just that I remembered reading a post form SAEED about MPI stocks.

Posts: 190 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an MPI benchrest type stock on my 6mmBR. Have absolutely no complaints about it at all. Price was reasonable and the folks were very good to deal with. This was some years ago. They are having a sale on right now, just got a postcard, 10 or 20% off as I recollect.
Peter,

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote