Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunting sucks!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron:

I have shot a bunch of cows for baits and rations. I have shot a few bulls for rations.
I have shot 2 that were injured/sick (one with a massive abscess that stunk like hell). I shot 2 inside of a high fence photographic area that had taken a great dislike for vehicles. They had to go. Half or more were trophies.

I have been lucky enough to take 3 or 4 really big ones.

I am going to make it 35 in October.

jetdrvr:

Is that area in TZ? Those buff in Masai land are notorious.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
35??? I knew I was a piker...

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Aaron:

I have shot a bunch of cows for baits and rations. I have shot a few bulls for rations.
I have shot 2 that were injured/sick (one with a massive abscess that stunk like hell). I shot 2 inside of a high fence photographic area that had taken a great dislike for vehicles. They had to go. Half or more were trophies.

I have been lucky enough to take 3 or 4 really big ones.

I am going to make it 35 in October.

jetdrvr:

Is that area in TZ? Those buff in Masai land are notorious.

Regardless, 34 is still 34, that's awesome! Maybe we should do a couple in TZ sometime together? Good luck in October!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Regardless, 34 is still 34, that's awesome! [/QUOTE]

tu2

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buff hunting is king,IMO,but you have to do it the way a real hunter would.You need to use a open sight rifle and know how to use it.Then,you need to know a small bit about tracking and everything thing else.When I used to hunt caribou,I could've shot the whole million, Quebec caribou herd in a single day with my scoped rifle.Would that have made me a good hunter??? of course not! In my book,hunting is all about quality and not quantity,starting from what you shoot to how you shoot it.BTW,I can't understand why people don't video their hunts and post it here so that they keep us all entertained throughout the whole time we are not hunting.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have to confess here. That the main reason I like hunting buffalo is because they are so big, one finds it very hard to miss them! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway:

Some of us old guys have vision issues. The scope is the only way.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:
Anybody that thinks Buffalo hunting sucks needs their head examined!

Put up your scope sighted rifles, go after wary Dugga-boys and don't take any shots past 15-20 yards! then, if you think that sucks...

...well let's just say you have an issue or two that have nothing to do with Buffalo hunting!

And to those that think they are nothing more than cattle - I reckon you have never spent enough time around livestock to understand that "just cattle" can kick your ass without a second's notice! More than one "experienced" rancher out here has been mauled / killed by those so-called "just cattle"!

Buffalo hunting mundane? - put-up the iPhone and get some "real" action - go hunting buffalo on their terms!

That is, if you have the balls!

JW

+1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
Ernest, let me know if you get full up, I'm ready to help out also and I got a Rodda double that is rarin to go!

Lee as soon as I fill up I'll let ya know.

Look guys another generous soul ready to take on your burden dancing

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Buf up close and personal... This guy received his invitation at 30 feet.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:

Mike

tu2

Now that's what I'm talking about!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love that rifle Mike. Looks like you made a great shot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:

Mike

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Mundane, boring, sucks!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! animal

Excellent work Mike! tu2

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have to confess here. That the main reason I like hunting buffalo is because they are so big, one finds it very hard to miss them! rotflmo

According to my PH for a lot of his clients, it's not that hard.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

That is seriously pretty rifle. What is it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a 450 No 2. I can't remember who made it. It started with an F. I shot it when we went turkey hunting. It is a hell of a gun. I can personally attest that Mike is a hell of a shot with it. In fact, I seem to recall some hogs that can as well.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
That is one gorgeous buff and to shoot him at 30 feet, what a trophy hunt!

Congrats,

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is a 450 No 2. I can't remember who made it. It started with an F. I shot it when we went turkey hunting. It is a hell of a gun. I can personally attest that Mike is a hell of a shot with it. In fact, I seem to recall some hogs that can as well.

It's a Famars, and it shoots like a dream.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You definately don't want to be cauget with Mike's betrothed while he has that gun in hand...

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to pick up your rifle everyday and while hunting you should wear the right hat. rotflmo

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Retreever with the hardware

Bwana Bunduki under recoil

A nice touch

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BuffNut
posted Hide Post
Like someone else said, different strokes for different folks.

For me, Cape Buffalo is the funnest thing I've hunted and I'm hooked. I honestly can't say there is anything or anywhere that I would want to hunt every single time I went for the rest of my life. I enjoy seeing different places and hunting different stuff and look forward to going to Mongolia and Russia and Artgentina, etc. But I can't imagine not going back to Africa again and again and again and hunting Buffalo every time I can.

And for whoever said it's practically guaranteed, I spent 10 days in the Luangwa Valley in July and didn't kill one (though my son took his). Maybe we were doing it wrong.

Posts: 193 | Location: Cherry Log, Georgia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Less than five minutes of work with a "short, ugly, incredibly big-bored".505. I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything.

Tanzania, Selous, 1972

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xausa:
Less than five minutes of work with a "short, ugly, incredibly big-bored".505. I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything.

Tanzania, Selous, 1972

You don't have a choice, how could you exchange an experience like this with anything?

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Boring? Really? P'raps sitting on one's ass, waiting to shoot a whitetail could, after a number of years, conjure the adjective "boring", but, as I have just finished rolling quarters for my Buffalo trophy Fee, 'Boring' isn't even on the menu. Some of us might be a tad spoiled...

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote