THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trophy Shipment Reliability from Zimbabwe

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Shipment Reliability from Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you who have been to Zimbabwe in the last two years, have you received your trophy shipments? If you have not received your trophies, raw or mounted, do you expect to get them? Thanks.

Posts: 97 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I hunted in September 2007 and received my trophies in February 2008 (including CITES elephant and leopard trophies). My trophies were just dipped and packed, not mounted or tanned.

Mike

Posts: 21528 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
MJines, you must be a lucky guy. I`m still waiting for my tusks. Hunted zim the same time. Any idea or tricks to accelerate the procedure? or just luck? Taxydermy Ent. too? I think about hunting non export ele next time to avoid this. So I can shoot 2 ele and than make a longer photo session. Thrill is the same and in the end you save much time and money.

One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
Hunted in Zim 07. Still waiting on my stuff which included crocodile.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot a Cape Buff in Zim, Sept of '06. Hide and skull/horns reached American soil in late January or early February of '08.

Best of luck.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for elephant tusks/ears from March 2007.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9457 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highbrass
posted Hide Post
Waiting on trophies from July 07, none cites animals, I have been told the Taxidermy is complete that they are waiting on crating... That has been over a month... Maybe a plywood shortage.

"Anything he did not accomplish as a pupil was my failing as a teacher" Max you will be missed Aug-02 1999; May 20, 2008

Posts: 119 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Waiting for trophies taken in August 2008, but I could be the culprit, I messed up with asking a CITES prior to going hunting.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Shot my elephant one year ago today. I'm expecting some finished mounts and a fish, but I'm in no hurry. What's the name of the big shop in Bulawayo?

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Hunted in Nov.06, got the trophies in June 07.

Posts: 2029 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hunted June/July '07 and received my unprocessed trophies sometime in May '08. Carol at Coppersmith stayed on them until everything was processed and they shipped.

Posts: 23 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted August '07 and received my hides and horns in December '07.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3515 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted in July of 2006 for elephant, still waiting for the shipment.

WLA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Usually takes 8 months to a year to get trophies from Africa, there are exceptions..Best thing to do is just forget about until they show up, if a year goes by then you probably have a problem..We have never had a problem yet, I better knock on wood!! shocker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42091 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
August 2007 Ele and leopard plus Buff and plains game arrived in SFO and cleared customs on Friday Oct 31. 2008 !!!! YEAH!!!!!

Regards, D. Nelson

posted Hide Post
I got my Leopard 4/24/07 and also a waterbuck. The Waterbuck has been hanging on my office wall for about 3 months and the Leopard is almost finished. Applied for CITES permit 5/6/07 received same 7/6/08. Trophies cleared Nov. 2007.

One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
Hunted zim in sept/okt 07. Get my elephant tusks, panel and both tails exactly one year later end of sept.08.
Everything fine but taxidermy inc. didnt deliver a small tanned panel(less then one square metre)that was already paid. No problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I read correctly, I am the low ball winner, July 2006 and waiting. I blame Taxidermy Ent, they were going through some management problems for about a year and I got caught in the snafu. Live and learn!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr. Tim Burkhart
posted Hide Post
I had issues with Taxidermy Enterprises on my first trip...my suggestion is to avoid them. They took so long several capes went bad.

My PH processed the trophies on my second trip and I got my stuff in 6 months.

Have your PH find another way.

Posts: 166 | Location: Caledonia, Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
Just received word my trophies are in Houston via ABX Logistics. My hunt was Sept 2007.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nov. 2004 lion/buffalo Zim. hunt. I'm still waiting, but there is hope. I have no idea what shape they'll be in. I've done Zambia and received those trohphies and I did Moz. earlier this year and I'm waiting on those.

Hunt for the experience not the hair and you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 442 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote