Notify
Tools

What if? and where to hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted
Just to hear some answers...

What is going to happen to all the loyal hunters from all over the world that hunts Botswana when they stop the hunting industry? where will their hunting grounds be in the future...Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, RSA ect.?

Just some honest answers / suggestions please.

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply Tanzania Wink

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
I think Moz for the chance at heavy ivory atleast for the Europeans

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Some are looking at Zambia and the concessions come up for grabs this year so they may well join the bun fight.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9901 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Zimbabwe will see more hunters. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to try Zim, but am also interested in Namibia.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My last two trips have been to Tanzania and I'm looking at elephant there next time. It's rather stable, setting aside the past issues with fees and the current uproar with concessions. Expensive, yes, but so was Botswana. We've all been holding our breath waiting for Bots to do this -- or was it just me? That's why I haven't booked a Botswana elephant hunt, that along with the lack of other available game and the short, thick ivory.

To be fair, I have not hunted elephant yet, but have done quite a bit of research with the expectation of an elephant safari soon. Any one, especially those with more experience, inside knowledge, etc. are welcome to disagree with me and frankly, I'd welcome the comments.

In my opinion, if you want the short heavy ivory associated with Bots, try hunting the Caprivi Strip. Same bulls coming into the Okavongo from Zambia and Angola. Alan Cilliers springs to mind. I've hunted with Alan, but I'm sure there are others as well.

We'll see how Zambia turns out over the next few years. Mozambique -- great, but can't import into the U.S. They really need to remedy that situation.

Zimbabwe - some great areas, if you are willing to go now. nuff said.

Me, I'll either go to Caprivi or stick with Tanzania for now.

I welcome anyone's thoughts.

Posts: 10127 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should have said for elephant. Zambia, Mozambique, Uganda, etc. offer many opportunities for other species, including buffalo, my current addiction.

Posts: 10127 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote