Tools

Windhoek Lager
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 65 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've looked for it at two of the largest liquor distributors in Texas with no luck.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to track down in the next week for wife's birthday!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am having a Windhoek draft right now, but unfortunately I do not believe they are exported to the US.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They do not sell it in the US currently from what I was told by a friend in the liquor business.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Blacksmith Amber is lot better and available in US

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Windhoek brews a number of types - the Export is probably the best. And in bottles - doesn't keep well in cans. African beers do have a limited shelf life, depending on how they're stored.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I will look for Blacksmith!

Maybe I need to find a member that is there now to bring me a bottle back through customs! My wife would be impressed!

We all know how important impressing the wife is!

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gooseblitz:
Anyone know where to buy in USA

For years I have been trying to find it in the United States without any luck.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks guys I will look for Blacksmith!

Maybe I need to find a member that is there now to bring me a bottle back through customs! My wife would be impressed!

We all know how important impressing the wife is!

I have carried a lot of questionable items in my bags go to and fro Africa, but I have never squirreled away a beer. I really do not see a problem with it. Windhoek is at 5,500 ft and the aircraft is depressurized to 10K so the bottle cap should hold with no problems. However, once it hits the States via UPS, all bets are off. Would be happy to attempt. I head back to the States in a few weeks.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opus If you are serious I would be in your debt...let me know what you drink...or you brand of cigars so I could repay you!

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
We have plenty in RSA. The best beer in the world except for Erdinger, I love it.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Opus If you are serious I would be in your debt...let me know what you drink...or you brand of cigars so I could repay you!

First of all, in regards to repayment, you don't want to go there as my moniker indicates, wouldn't even be close to fair. But I will make a plan and if said bottle arrives with contents still intact I will PM you for an address. No worries.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I was messing with you
Blacksmith beer is from brewery in Stevensville MT

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Tusker is available in Southern California.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jaco! Windhoek Draught and Erdinger are the best. Is Erdinger available in the U.S.?

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try one of the larger liquor warehouse kind of outlets. There is a registry they can query via the Internet that will tell them what liquor, wines and beers are available in the US, by whom it is imported and by whom it is distributed. I once used such a place and was able to locate some Tusker beer at a store in Denver.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gooseblitz please check your PM.

Thanks

Opus1

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone name a couple of distributors who would be able to distribute Namibia Breweries Beer (Windhoek Lager, -Light, -Draught and Tafel Lager) in the US? Prerequisite would be a decent distribution footprint, own sales force as well as references within the said industry? Please PM

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kamaatu:
Can anyone name a couple of distributors who would be able to distribute Namibia Breweries Beer (Windhoek Lager, -Light, -Draught and Tafel Lager) in the US? Prerequisite would be a decent distribution footprint, own sales force as well as references within the said industry? Please PM

I contacted Windhoek directly a few weeks ago and they told me there is no one currently in the United States importing their beer. A real shame.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I did, but I am starting to get thirsty and may do bottlely harm to Gooseblitz prize if he doesn't hurry up and contact me.

beer

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Well, I did, but I am starting to get thirsty and may do bottlely harm to Gooseblitz prize if he doesn't hurry up and contact me.

beer

If he doesn't, please contact me!

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never have been able to find a Kilimanjaro in the States, unfortunately. Nothing quite as good as a cold Kili.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I think the PHASA members should work a deal with the distribution firms for these beers. There is nothing like drinking them here in the USA and remembering how much better it tastes there. It may be the same formula, but there's just a difference. Those memories of that cold beer as you put the rifles up and head back to camp with a cold African beer can sell hunts easily.

Obviously, it's more in jest, but those memories are priceless.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
African beers have fewer preservatives, etc., but seeing as how South African Breweries owns Miller, for example, no reason why there aren't a lot more African beers available in the States.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Goose - I am getting more and more offers for your beer. Friday is adoption day. Please contact me via PM before I find a new foster home...

beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adoption papers have been signed. The kids are going to a new loving home.

tu2 tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gooseblitz,

Came across some Windhoek beer in Disney World. When my wife and I go to Disney we try to eat at Boma's Restaurant in Animal Kingdom Lodge.
This was the first Windhoek beer I've come across, so I had 2 bottles.
Our waitress was very familiar with the outfitters you and I hunted with--Omujeve.
Maybe guest relations can tell you who imports it to Disney.

MauserK98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opus sorry I just saw this. I don't get online as frequently as I would like. I am grateful for the efforts on your part!. If the bottle has gone on to someone more responsive I certainly understand! If not I just texted you my address!