Notify
Tools

Hats off to Bill Quimby!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
Folks,

While we were slogging away on the never ending project of the connection bookshelf, I discovered our well known forum member and friend Bill Quimby although rarely mentioning his work, has written some seriously good stuff.

I'm not sure if we've managed to get all of his work on the bookshelf, but perhaps he'll be kind enough to let me know if we've missed anything! Here's the link: http://www.shakariconnection.c...-hunting-books3.html and you need to scroll down a little way to find his books.

I think I read somewhere that he's also working on another one that isn't published yet! Smiler Hopefully, I'll be able to buy a signed first edition when it come out......... I love but love, signed first editions! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok Shakari ,,,, I got a bone to pick with you! I went to the bookshelf and after a little browsing I ordered about a truck load of books at great prices and some really nice vintage pieces! I have books arriving from all over the world. You should put a warning in place,, "CAUTION", May be addictive"!!!! Actually, many thanks.... I found some really cool books I would of never easily found. drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
drwes,

You think you've got problems. I reckon I've ordered about half the books on the site! Eeker

Anyway, glad to help - and keep checking back, cos we've still got an awful lot more to add! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the record it was easy to use, the shipping has been fast, actually in many cases the shipping cost more than the book and It is like Christmas everyday at my house with a book showing up constantly. Once again, thanks, drwes

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
We got to a stage today where we couldn't fit any more collections on the page, so just had rearrange it all and build in a third tier.... and I wouldn't be at all suprised if we have to go to a forth tier before we're finished...... Wink

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
drwes,

We thought about your comment in your first post. Please check this link http://www.shakariconnection.com/bookshelf.html and scroll down to the yellow sign and the last 2 paras directly above it.
rotflmo jumping rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently it didn't scare me off, nor will it again, the trouble now is deciding which book to read next. It is wet, cold, with frezzing rain here so a good book by the fire will be inorder this evening,,, with a touch of something tasty to drink..I find your website very informative ,, and factual as well, once again, thanks,

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Very glad you find it useful and enjoyable..... and you've given me another idea with your comment about something tasty to drink beside the fire.......... I wonder if I can convince Mama to agree to a malt whisky and malt whiskey page!............ Damn, I might even have to order a few of those for testing as well! Wink beer

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Steve

You proberbly have it all covered BUT this information might enhance your list or have some use !!! if not, no worries, and have a wonderful day in Africa

Book info pre-1980

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

After all the work ya'll put in you probably don't want to change everything, but for the benefit of the bookloving members here there's a better book search engine, AddAll, that searches not only ABE Books but also almost everywhere else that sells books online.

I've snagged books from there for less than half of ABE's best price.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10395 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Peter,

We're already got most and peobably all of the books on that list, but we'll check. Thanks.

Jeff,

Thanks, we're looking into it but as the individual seller sets the price, most prices will be similar at least. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
I was looking for Ndolov by Richard Harland and didn't see it on the list. Is it there?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here you go buddy! http://www.shakariconnection.c...frica-authors-h.html We've put that and the message there just for you and we'll have an entire Harland section ready just as soon as we can!

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Folks,

While we were slogging away on the never ending project of the connection bookshelf, I discovered our well known forum member and friend Bill Quimby although rarely mentioning his work, has written some seriously good stuff.

I'm not sure if we've managed to get all of his work on the bookshelf, but perhaps he'll be kind enough to let me know if we've missed anything! Here's the link: http://www.shakariconnection.c...-hunting-books3.html and you need to scroll down a little way to find his books.

I think I read somewhere that he's also working on another one that isn't published yet! Smiler Hopefully, I'll be able to buy a signed first edition when it come out......... I love but love, signed first editions! Wink

Steve, I just now discovered your post. Thank you for the kind words. As you requested, included at the bottom of this note is a more complete list of my books. I also ghost wrote two other books for well-known hunters who prefer that my involvement with their books not be known. That's 13 books since I retired from my post as SCI's director of publications ten years ago next month.

Spent the last 10 days in Utah interviewing another well-known international hunter for a book about his worldwide exploits, and will go back next month for another round of interviews and photo selection. This book probably will be ready for a publisher late this year or early 2010.

Here is the list:

The SCI Record Books Of Trophy Animals.
Bill Quimby editor (Safari Club International 1984-1999)

Deer
Bill Quimby editor (Safari Club International 1984)

Safari Africa
Bill Quimby editor (Safari Club International 1985)

McElroy Hunts Asia
by C.J. McElroy, Bill Quimby editor (Sincere Press 1989)

Safaris Revisited, Best of Safari Magazine Of The 1970s
Bill Quimby editor (Safari Club International 1991)

Safaris Revisited, Best Of Safari Magazine Of The 1980s
Bill Quimby editor (Safari Club International 1992)

McElroy Hunts Dangerous Game
by C.J. McElroy, Bill Quimby editor (Trophy Room Books 2000)

McElroy Hunts Mountain Game
by C.J. McElroy, Bill Quimby editor (Trophy Room Books 2001)

McElroy Hunts The Antelope of Africa And Antlered Game
by C.J. McElroy, Bill Quimby editor (Trophy Room Books 2002)

The Heck With It, I’m Going Hunting
by Arnold Alward with Bill Quimby (Safari Press 2003)

Yoshi, The Life And Travels Of An International Trophy Hunter
by Watson Yoshimoto with Bill Quimby (Safari Press 2003)

Royal Quest, The Hunting Saga Of H.I.H. Prince Abdorreza Of Iran
by Bill Quimby (Safari Press 2004)

The History Of Safari Club International
by Bill Quimby (Safari Club International 2005)

Wind In My Face, The Shikars And Safaris Of A Cazador de Mexico
by Hubert Thummler with Bill Quimby (Safari Press 2006)

Memories From Greer, Tales Told Of A Unique Arizona Village
Bill Quimby and Nadine Stanley co-editors (Greer Library Friends 2007)

Around The World And Then Some
by David Hanlin with Bill Quimby (Safari Press 2009)

Sixty Years a Hunter
by Bill Quimby (Safari Press 2009)

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill,

We've got well over 1000 books on the bookshelf now and I think we have most of your's on there, but I'll do a proper check and any that aren't on there now, will be within a few days. Wink