Find
Notify
Tools

Youth Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi everyone.

We at LJ Hunting Safaris are looking at getting kids more involved in hunting.

We are wanting to find out if the below would be of any interest to any hunting families:
We are looking at doing a 10 day trip with 4-6 kids, where they will get the oppertunity to track, hunt and identify animal species, males from females etc as well as gain knowledge on birdlife and skinning of animals. They could also get the oppertunity to possible visit a taxidermy and have a tour on how the skins get processed to completed mounts. There will also be a day for other activities such as shopping or a game drive on a big 5 nature reserve.

The hunting would include one trophy Blesbuck, one trophy Springbuck and one cull Warthog. There will be a quiz or test on day 9 and the winner will receive a free trophy animal to hunt.

We will be monitoring and be in control of all the rifles that will be used.

The reason for wanting to do the above is to target the youth that are interested in hunting and would like to get the oppertunity to travel to Africa and hunt African animals as well as learn all about what all is involved and needed to make a hunting trip successful.

This whole trip would be around $2000.00.

Looking forward to any feedback and comments on this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Offering a trip/hunt for 4-6 youngsters and have them shoot 3 animals is a mathematical impossibility unless they line up as a firing squad and those that shoot an animal will be grinning from ear to ear - those that didn't get the opportunity will be dragging Snoopy's blanket.

Instead of listing 2 trophy animals you ought to consider offering a cullable species to every participant, so each gets to taste the climax of the hunt as the grand finale.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What age range were to thinking of?

Best regards, D. Nelson

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Offering a trip/hunt for 4-6 youngsters and have them shoot 3 animals is a mathematical impossibility unless they line up as a firing squad and those that shoot an animal will be grinning from ear to ear - those that didn't get the opportunity will be dragging Snoopy's blanket.

Instead of listing 2 trophy animals you ought to consider offering a cullable species to every participant, so each gets to taste the climax of the hunt as the grand finale.

I thought this what each one gets

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi

Thank you so much for all the replies.

Each kid will get those three animals to hunt, there will be two professional hunters working with them so I think there will be enough time for each kid to shoot hes or her animals, if not we will start with warthog and let all of them shoot those first and then go over to springbuck and blesbuck. The ten days will be done at two concessions to give them different experiences and also to give them the opportunity to see different animals.
Ages I am a bit stuck on I know we can donit for kids to the age of 18 but need some advice for a starting age 12 maybe?

Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Juan Stander

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Interesting Juan and I put a similar proposal to the NRA some years back. Basically the African experience would be an extension of their youth programme.

Note you would have to accommodate 2 associated adults and what with the air fees etc it becomes expensive.

Wish you the best of luck.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJSafaris:
Hi

Thank you so much for all the replies.

Each kid will get those three animals to hunt, there will be two professional hunters working with them so I think there will be enough time for each kid to shoot hes or her animals, if not we will start with warthog and let all of them shoot those first and then go over to springbuck and blesbuck. The ten days will be done at two concessions to give them different experiences and also to give them the opportunity to see different animals.
Ages I am a bit stuck on I know we can donit for kids to the age of 18 but need some advice for a starting age 12 maybe?

Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Juan Stander

An available quota of between 12 - 18 animals for the suggested group would provide the icing on the cake.
As far as ages are concerned, 12 - 16 years maybe?