New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flight prices moving up or down
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do you all see the prices of flights to go up or down in the next few weeks or just stay about the same? I was about to book mine and they went down $150... What do you all think? The flight is for 3rd week of January.

Aaron

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Airline prices are fluctuating like crazy. I found out last Thursday that I had to fly to Orlando from Bakersfield CA on Thursday (tomorrow). The cost of that domestic ticket would have been right at half of what I paid to go to Namibia in August.

We waited until Monday to settle some scheduling issues and I got tickets for about 2/3rds of what I was quoted the previous Thursday.

I don't know what they're doing!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a story on the news last night that said the cost of fuel has gone down, so the airlines are reducing their fuel surcharge.

Who knows how long that will last.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Airline pricing has always fluctuated up and down..It goes up during the July Aug Sept Oct hunting seasons in Africa..and down as the hunters become fewer..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Do you think they will stop charging to check a second bag now oil prices have come down???Somehow I doubt it thumbdown

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
American said tonight they will not lower fares at this time. I suspect they need to get even for awhile if they can and then they will have a battle with the pilots over salary soon. They are not out of the dark yet by a long shot.
They may drop all the goofy charges like second bag etc but I bet they hold ticket fares for as long as they can to try and get some cash reserves built up again.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote