New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Contact Info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
AR Members - Just got off the phone with the folks at the SCI main office in Tucson. I was given the e-mail address of the President of SCI, Larry Rudolph, as the place to send inquiries and responses to the Mark Sullivan issue.

The address is lrudolph@safariclub.org

Let's try and flood this address with requests for answers and clarifications on the ongoing silence by the Executive Board in this matter. It will be interesting to see if they have a genuine concern about this and provide an answer or just blow us all off the way they did MS.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Larry. Thanks for posting that information. Here is a mailing address for those who might be interested in that approach.

It has been my experience that Larry Rudolph will not respond to letters on this topic so I would recommend that any letter also be sent to additional members of the board as well. It is my experience that they will reply so you know the information has at least not fallen on deaf ears.

SCI International Headquarters
4800 West Gates Pass Road
Tucson, Arizona 85745-9490
USA

Board of Directors
Lawrence Rudolph, President
Kevin K. Anderson, President Elect
John S. Whipple, Deputy President Elect
Bruce W. Eavenson, Corporate Secretary
Joseph H. Hosmer, Corporate Treasurer
Paul D. Babaz, Vice President
Paul Barstad, Vice President
Mike Christianson, Vice President
James Frickert, Vice President
Craig L. Kauffman, Vice President
Ron Mizrahi, Vice President
Mary Lynn West, Vice President
Larry Higgins, Alternate Vice President

The board list is a cut and paste from the SCI website.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great idea Shawn and thanks for the additional information. You are right if only Rudolph hears it he might choose to not answer, but if he hears it enough from the rest of the Executive Board it will be harder to ignore.

Here are the tools, so let's see if those on AR are willing to help?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Here's mine.

Mr. Rudolph:

My name is Will Parks. I am a 36 year old attorney from Alabama. I am a member of Safari Club International. I have been a member of the club for almost 15 years. I suspect that I have been to as many as 7 or 8 of the annual conventions during that time.

I have a question about Mark Sullivan. Let me first say that I do not know Mr. Sullivan and that I am writing this letter for myself and for the club in which I am a member. If Mr. Sullivan benefits from my letter, so be it. That, however, is not my intention.

I understand that Mr. Sullivan was denied the privilege of exhibiting at the 2010 SCI convention and that his hunt donation was returned to him. I also understand that Mr. Sullivan was not provided any explanation for his expulsion, that he was not given notice of any grievance, and that he was not given an opportunity to respond to any charge levied against him.

I know that SCI is a private organization. I know SCI governs itself and that it can police its membership in any way that it deems appropriate. However, the notion that a long time supporter of OUR club can be ousted, without explanation or justification, does not sit right with me. The notion that there are powers within OUR club that might align themselves to the detriment of other members of OUR club is just not right.

I will be the first to admit that I do not know the SCI bylaws. What I do know, however, is that I have seen dozens and dozens of disciplinary notices in the Safari Times publication. From those notices it is clear to me that OUR club has in place a set of procedures for disciplining its membership. In these cases, the members are notified of a complaint, afforded an opportunity to respond, and, after that process is complete, a decision is rendered. In some cases members are warned, in some cases they are suspended, and in some cases they are expelled from the organization. I recall no such entry in Safari Times pertaining to Mr. Sullivan, and I believe I am correct in asserting that no such article has ever appeared anywhere.

I know that Mr. Sullivan is controversial in his dangerous game hunting style. I know his videos and books are a lightning rod (which, by the way, I own neither). However, I am not aware of any case in which Mr. Sullivan has been accused or convicted of violating any game laws of any state or nation. Neither am I aware of any of Mr. Sullivan's clients that have anything to say about him other than the highest praise. Indeed, many say he is the "best" of the many professionals with whom they have hunted. Many of his clients return to hunt with Mr. Sullivan again, and again, and again. I have even read accounts of Mr. Sullivan's outstanding treatment of the local Tanzanians that work in and around his safari operations.

Mr. Sullivan has done a good job of branding himself. With his videos, he has taken on a larger than life persona. People say Sullivan the Hunter is a different person than Sullivan the Movie Star, but I know nothing about that. What I do know is that Sullivan's videos and the actual hunting of the wild animals are real hunting in real places with real people. I find what Mr. Sullivan does in the field as well as the video productions of the same to be much less offensive than the "mine's bigger than yours" fascination that has consumed OUR club. Now a marketplace for the biggest semi-tame elk, deer, stags, and other game that you can afford, this type of "hunting" has been embraced by SCI while a real hunter, like Sullivan, is seemingly being punished for hunting wild animals in wild places, where man versus beast is not a fixed game, where the animals oftentimes win, and where the hunters are sometimes hurt or killed.

I suspect that Mr. Sullivan has offended some person or persons within the power structure of OUR club and that forces within SCI are now aligned against him. Whether I am wrong or right about this I may never know, but I do know that Mr. Sullivan is entitled to an explanation. If he has done something illegal, immoral, or unethical, then someone needs to lodge a complaint against him and give him the opportunity to respond BEFORE further sanctions are imposed. If he has done nothing to merit the filing of a complaint against him, then he is owed a sincere apology and an invitation to exhibit at the 2011 convention.

SCI claims to be First for Hunters. Mr. Sullivan is a hunter no different than me or you. He deserves better from Safari Club International.

I look forward to your reply.

Will J. Parks, III

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am waiting to append my comments to the post mark is supposed to be making here.
If he doesn't care, why should I?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he thinks that his detractors who post here are about as significant as a pimple on a gnat's ass. He has better things to do.

If so, I would have to say that I do not blame him.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Well done, Will. tu2

Ranger Rich, who pissed in your canteen cup? pissers

Semper Fi

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it highly amusing that the abused mark sullivan doesn't have time to share his thoughts with his underlings here.
Even more, perhaps to the point of absurdity; I find the notion that this somehow involves me as more than a bemused bystander has gained such credence.

The difference, I am here and will defend myself...

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho,

MS has posted. Read it and weep, cowboy!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
Bon Appétit Idaho SharpShooter

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I find it highly amusing that the abused mark sullivan doesn't have time to share his thoughts with his underlings here.
Even more, perhaps to the point of absurdity; I find the notion that this somehow involves me as more than a bemused bystander has gained such credence.

The difference, I am here and will defend myself...

Rich
DRSS

....as to not be erased, so we can all enjoy this tidbid of wisdom.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
"Kevin K. Anderson, President Elect"

Is this the chairman of the SCI ethics committee? Is he the lawyer who represented OOA criminal Dawie Groenewald regarding the Lacey act violations and convictions?

Well......the plot thickens....I have a few hunches here.

1 Kevin Anderson has / had a financial stake in OOA
2 Kevin Anderson sees Mark Sullivan as a direct competition to top $$$ clientele that OOA were targeting
3 Kevin Anderson knows Mark Sullivan
4 Kevin Anderson probably turned and ran when he was charged by a Dik Dik & MS has that on tape!!
5 As President Elect, Kevin Anderson will find it even more uncomfortable to discuss Mark Sullivan as an exhibitor at SCI

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11236 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
"Kevin K. Anderson, President Elect"

Is this the chairman of the SCI ethics committee? Is he the lawyer who represented OOA criminal Dawie Groenewald regarding the Lacey act violations and convictions?

Well......the plot thickens....I have a few hunches here.

1 Kevin Anderson has / had a financial stake in OOA
2 Kevin Anderson sees Mark Sullivan as a direct competition to top $$$ clientele that OOA were targeting
3 Kevin Anderson knows Mark Sullivan
4 Kevin Anderson probably turned and ran when he was charged by a Dik Dik & MS has that on tape!!
5 As President Elect, Kevin Anderson will find it even more uncomfortable to discuss Mark Sullivan as an exhibitor at SCI

As far back as I can remember, there has always been some question marks about the behaviour of the top brass of SCI.

Sadly, many of these question marks have been proven to be very true, especially as far as "ethics" were concerned.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68760 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ScottyBoy,

I do not know where the delete button is. Still do NOT care for his style if that is the real him on video.

regards,

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FOsteology:
Bon Appétit Idaho SharpShooter

dancing

Georgious!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
put the crow plate away, wan't no crawfishing involved.

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
ScottyBoy,

I do not know where the delete button is. Still do NOT care for his style if that is the real him on video.

regards,

Rich
DRSS

I beg to differ..I recall a whole long string of threatening PMs sent to me that seemed to dissapear quite quickly.. Certainly wish I had copied those..

Give it a rest.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote