Find
Notify
Tools

Good book - Safari 101
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted
I read a good book last week called “Safari 101 – Hunting Africa: The Ultimate Adventure” by David Brown. I first met David at the 2011 African Hunting Gazette show in Atlanta. We caught up again at this years show and he was kind enough to send me a copy of the book. He’s good folk so I wanted to give his book a plug here on AR. It’s a start to finish planning guide for safaris but of course includes hunting stories from Namibia and Zim. One of the things he includes throughout the book that I liked most was a list of helpful hints; stuff that a first timer would never think of or finds only after searching AR for a few months. Things like copies of passport & 4457 forms in your gun case or to get a dayroom to overcome travel shock.
Being a relative new comer to African hunting myself, I think it is a must read for the first timer and those who’ve done a lot will still enjoy it…after all who among us doesn’t like to read anything to do with hunting in Africa.

I’m not sure if David posts on AR, but here are links to his author’s website and one for the book:

www.safari101book.com

www.DavidLBrownAuthor.com

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote