THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Extreme Huntress Competition Goes Ultimate in Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extreme Huntress Competition Goes Ultimate in Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/...frica/#ixzz5lCLbdFOX
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Extreme Huntress Competition Goes Ultimate in Africa

Ammoland Inc. Posted on April 15, 2019 by Ammoland

Extreme Huntress Competition Goes Ultimate in Africa: The winner will also receive the prestigious, Extreme Huntress Award, a bronze designed by famed artist Mark James.

Whitefish, Montana – -(AmmoLand.com)- After ten successful years of competitions, promoting its mission to create positive role models for women who hunt and ensuring children have an opportunity to be exposed to hunting, executive producer and founder Tom Opre has announced a new twist in the series.

Out of the ten previous winners, four will compete head-to-head for the Ultimate Extreme Huntress Award. The competition will film not only in Texas but will incorporate the Save Valley Conservancy in Zimbabwe, Africa where the finalists will experience the results of proper wildlife conservation utilized by DesFountain Safaris.

The four finalists are Angie Tennison (Montana) 2011; Jackie Guccini (Colorado) 2012; Lindsay Christensen (2017); and Ulrika Karlsson-Arne (Sweden) 2019.
“Women are the fastest growing segment in hunting and the shooting sports. After ten years, we felt we needed to honor the past winners, all of whom have become great role models and spokespeople for the hunting community by promoting sound wildlife conservation practices,” stated Opre.

Following last season’s highly popular relationship with Tim Fallon’s FTW Ranch, the finalists will endure two days of intense Sportsman All-Weather All-Terrain Marksmanship (SAAM) safari training and skills challenges. The FTW course features everything from charging cape buffalo targets to physical fitness challenges on the ranch’s steep canyon lands to becoming extremely confident in their firearms.

After Texas, finalists and film crew will travel to Zimbabwe to hunt cape buffalo and plains-game with one of Africa’s best safari operators, Dale “Donza” DesFountain. The Save Valley Conservancy is comprised over 750,000 acres and is one of Africa’s largest private reserves. It holds a wide variety of habitat and is home to the Big 5 (elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, and buffalo). In the Save, the finalist will not only hunt, but will interact with local communities, who are supported by the conservation efforts in the Save, by visiting schools, medical clinics, plus embed in anti-poaching units. They’ll also meet with wildlife researchers and game managers who work hard to make sure management, based on science, ensures the Save’s wildlife populations and habitat are healthy.

“We feel a real need to recognize the importance of the women who hunt for wildlife conservation. Without consumptive tourism, places like the Save Valley Conservancy and its rich wildlife diversity will not exist for future generations to enjoy and experience,” said DesFountain.

The winner of Ultimate Extreme Huntress will undergo not only skills challenges but also online voting and a judge’s score. Long-time hosts, Olivia Opre and Larry Weishuhn, will judge the competition. Full details of the scoring are available at www.extremehuntress.com. This year’s winner will be recognized during the Dallas Safari Club’s annual awards event in January 2020. Beyond recognition, the winner will also receive the prestigious, Extreme Huntress Award, a bronze designed by famed artist Mark James.

The multimedia campaign is available exclusively through the Extreme Huntress social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), Amazon Video Direct, Roku, and on www.extremehuntress.com starting May 1. Competition episodes start posting October 6, 2019.

DesFountain Safaris is the “title” Sponsor Sponsor. Additional sponsor partners include FTW Ranch, Ruger; Trijicon, Choice Ammunition; Coppersmith Global Logistics; NRA Women’s Leadership Forum, and Dallas Safari Club. Media partners include www.ammoland.com and www.huntinglife.com. Media and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting Firesteel Films.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just what we need... a silly reality TV hunting competition.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like less of reality TV and more like sporting competition to me and it addresses a most important demographic.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Oh Lord, here we ago again. When I saw who the 2 judges are, I learned all I need to know. What’s extreme about a hunt in n the Save?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Women are the fastest growing segment in hunting and the shooting sports. After ten years, we felt we needed to honor the past winners, all of whom have become great role models and spokespeople for the hunting community by promoting sound wildlife conservation practices,” stated Opre.

This!!!!

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
As long as they are extremely good looking, it is extreme for me...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Another stupid, pointless, reality show!

Anytime you show me a TV "Comptition" about hunting I know it has NOTHING to do with hunting but a self glorifying KARDASHIAN type reality show of LOOK AT ME!

Nothing good is going to come out of this towards hunting.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the "Donza" I think it is??????

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sad to see both the NRA and DSC supporting such idiocy!

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is going to do damage! This is literally handing anti's ammo and paying for it ! thumbdown

Administrator
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see what the NRA and DSC say about this now the sordid facts are out!

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Extreme" ... "Ultimate" - sleaze factor,IMO.

I wonder if there should be any shows today showing hunters shooting animals and if there is it should be serious and in good taste- no doubt.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
undoubtedly there will be lots of camo and lots of talking into the mic. all they need is mark sullivan narrating about how the buffalo will choose to die!

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A better model may be just having a show with a woman hunter that knows what she is doing and not being taught during the event.
Do not make any sort of "production" out of it.
No special treatment; just go hunt.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine was on the show last year and lost by 2/100 of a point. I thought she should have won hands down, just based on her shooting skills alone verses how the other women were shooting. If ""looks" were any part of the equation she should have won they're too.

The only thing extreme about the show, was the Texas heat they made them hunt in and the number of commercials during the show. The first morning they had to do a several mile run with packs. Most of the show was filmed at the FTW/SAAM Ranch. It was mainly long distance and Safari training courses. For hunting they went elsewhere.

At the awards ceremony, she was introduced as a Vet Tech. She is a DVM, big difference.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DSC is not a sponsor of the competition but we do allow them to use the Ladies Luncheon at our convention as the venue for presentation of their award.

I share your distaste for "reality TV". But I do see some merit in anything that has the potential to increase hunter numbers in any demographic.

Scott Tobermann, DVM
Past President, Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 308 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrScott:
DSC is not a sponsor of the competition but we do allow them to use the Ladies Luncheon at our convention as the venue for presentation of their award.

I share your distaste for "reality TV". But I do see some merit in anything that has the potential to increase hunter numbers in any demographic.

I agree and maybe the venue should be moved to Royal Kafue.

Just saying.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous idea. Weishuhn is a clown show.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This should be renamed EXTREME STUPIDITY!

One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
Maize ranch that Dale Desfontein operates has not been part of the SVC membership for a good 10 years. They certainly do not take part or contribute to any SVC meetings, quota setting, game counts and Rhino anti poaching.

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guy Whittall:
Maize ranch that Dale Desfontein operates has not been part of the SVC membership for a good 10 years. They certainly do not take part or contribute to any SVC meetings, quota setting, game counts and Rhino anti poaching.

OOPS!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hahaha!

Bloody hell!

Nothing positive about this silly, stupid, self glorification adventure it seems! clap

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
We are all on the same page as to hunting, but competitions will piss off the public even more. Like SCI's awards, we can't argue our side. It just plain looks bad.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
My two girls and Tia Shoemaker can compete there ill look in the future ...

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by DrScott:

I agree and maybe the venue should be moved to Royal Kafue.

Just saying.

rotflmo

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote