THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Eden Wildlife Trust - Namibia - Did it go photographic??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eden Wildlife Trust - Namibia - Did it go photographic??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Way back in 2009 or 2010, I was about to book a family plainsgame hunt with Jamy Traut at Eden Wildlife Trust. Just before booking the hunt Jamy left Eden. We ended booking a hunt with Tholo in Botswana instead.

I was wondering is anyone hunting Eden, or did it go photographic, or close all together??

I saw some awesome Kudu that were taken at Eden.

Thanks!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunted it with Allan Cilliers in 2000 and 2001. Indescribable. Allan had leased the property and it changed hands maybe 2X since then. The first transfer leased to Jamy. Not sure about the second but heard the new owner was politically connected in Windhoek. Maybe son of one of the Ministers? Opus will know the real skinny and current status. I do know Allan bought the adjacent property which is well managed. We had the opportunity to hunt that as well. Very nice property.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I was at Eden ~15+ years ago (?) with Hartmut Freyer and Hagen Eggert. Beautiful place with lots of game. As I recall it was then owned by a SA millionaire that made his bucks hauling fuel. I particularly enjoyed interacting with a juvenile female orphaned rhino they had there.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drove through Eden when I hunted with Alan in 2004 and his son Wayne in 2007 on his adjacent property.
Was bowhunting only at that time. There was a lot of game on both properties. But 13 years is an eternity in Africa. Lost track of the Cilliers. Hope they are doing well.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote