New
Find
Notify
Tools

rifle scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My .416 is scoped with a Leupold VX-6 1-6 with illuminated reticle. I like this combo very much.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
I think if you told us the caliber you may get a better advice. Because with a 375 you can shoot out to 200+ yards comfortably so would make sense to have up to 10x scope on it.

quote:
Originally posted by twilli:
What scope do you prefer for a bolt action rifle used for cape buffalo ? Fixed or variable power. Illuminated reticle ? Size of scope ?

I like my Leupold 1.5 - 5x on my 500 Jeffery. I have shot any game with it past 225 yards but I have no issues going out to 300 yards. On my 270 Win I have a Leupold 3.5 - 10x scope and I like that too. It just seems like my hand's steadier at 5x lol

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4730 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been extremely happy with a Swaro Z6i 1-6EE on a 375 H&H.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
Trijicon 1-4

The most exciting part of the hunt for me is the final stalk. Getting in close. I now find that I miss out on that when hunting with a scoped rifle. So, I put a Skinner aperture sight on my Model 70 416 REM. That’s my kit for my next safari. I am looking for 14 days and 2 nontrophy bulls.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold does make a good scope but I prefer The NX8 from NightForce.Most manufactures make scopes that hold up to recoil.NightForce makes scopes that handle that and the rest.Side impact is what sets them apart.

Posts: 28 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 17 June 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trackman:
Leupold does make a good scope but I prefer The NX8 from NightForce.Most manufactures make scopes that hold up to recoil.NightForce makes scopes that handle that and the rest.Side impact is what sets them apart.

nightforce can fail like any mechanical device.

Posts: 1734 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Leupold 2.5-8X is what I have on my rifle.

It has been on for many years.

I use that rifle for everything, works absolutely great.

I too have Leupold 2.5-8x36 on both my .375's, 9.3x62, 458 Win Mag and on my 400 Whelen I have a Leupold 2-7x36.
Not a fan of the 1.5-5 when I look through it I see my front sight and it is a distraction.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote