Find
Notify
Tools

More Rare Than Gold...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
at least in the USA

After the Fathers Day activities decided to have a cold one. When I went to the cooler I found another suprise. Six ice cold bottles of Windhoek. My wife searched high and low for these. From what she said, these are the last 6 bottles in the country. May not be true but I like the story.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:

After the Fathers Day activities decided to have a cold one. When I went to the cooler I found another suprise. Six ice cold bottles of Windhoek. My wife searched high and low for these. .
Thats a good wife!!

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
What a woman! Does she have a sister?

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, I have to agree, I love a good windhoek, or a taffle!!! lucky man!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed it on my first safari.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:

You need two wives???? Eeker Big Grin

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Holy Smoke that looks so cool.

In fact you wife is so cool BP should contract her to PLUG THE LEAK )-:

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice one!

I enjoyed some of that fine beverage this weekend...something we take for granted over here I suppose.

We also now get the Windhoek draught here in a 440ml bottle...treat yourself next time you are over here!

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but I was told they are very Anti-gun. I was informed of this last May while in SA. Can anyone shed more light on this? Confused

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife got me some Windhoek lager and some South African soda for me last Christmas. Best gift that I received but I'm sure that shipping was expensive.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunder stick:
From what she said, these are the last 6 bottles in the country.

I wonder what year their born on date is? But I suppose it's the thought that counts.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
I could be wrong, but I was told they are very Anti-gun. I was informed of this last May while in SA. Can anyone shed more light on this? Confused

Larrys01, who the hell told you that crap? Must have been a Castle drinker.
NBL issued a licence to Diageo to market Windhoek Lager internationally and it just kicked off in the UK.
Kamaatu

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
It was a PH I met in a Bar in Capetown. Why I asked here is I wasn't sure which Brand he spoke about? Might have been Castle. Now that I think about it, I cannot belive anyone in Africa would be anti-gun? beer

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:

Brett

Not me. One is all I can handle.

I thought some of my single friends in Alaska might be looking to settle down if the right lady came along.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Brett[/QUOTE]

Not me. One is all I can handle.

[/QUOTE] Two wives is not the problem. It is the two mother in-laws that i don't want. jumping

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wow man, cool to get something you like that's rare. definitely trumps my wife, she got me, wait nothing, but at least she, wait, nothing. oh well, I'll buy myself something extravagant that'll really piss her off. Big Grin

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote