THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Thanks from the family of George Hoffman

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks from the family of George Hoffman
 Login/Join

posted
I've recently had an opportunity to look at the postings on Accurate Reloading about my dad. Thanks cannot begin to express our gratitude to you for the many kind words the expressions of kindness during my dad's battle with cancer. His friendships sustained him during his struggle with this terrible disease. Many of you called, e-mailed, visited during the time he was in chemo at our house in Mansfield. Each call, e-mail and visit was such a boost to my dad. He fought a brave and ardent battle until he took his last breath. As he lived, he died with courage and integrity.

Dad mentioned in his book "A Country Boy In Africa" that he had very few regrets in his life. In his last days, there were two...that he didn't get to see the gun that Sterling Davenport was building and that he didn't get to join Saeed, Ray, and Pierre on what he felt would be his last safari. I especially want to thank Saeed, Ray Atkinson, and Mims Reed for their many, many acts of kindness to my dad and our family.

I think hunters are the salt of earth!

May God Bless You!

Debbie Dennis

Posts: 8 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We're sorry for your loss. He'll be missed. [Frown]

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Debbie:
I've got your Dad's bullets that Mims sent me all loaded up and am taking them to the range first thing in the morning for sighting in. I'll be with Pierr'e for the first couple of weeks of August and plan to put them to good use. There is a good buffalo in the Selous with George Hoffman's name on it and dad-gum if I'm not going to get it for him... then say a prayer to the God who welcomed your dad home.. That done, Pierr'e and I'll have a proper toast to the Country Boy who was one heck of a PH and, more importantly, a mighty fine man.

[ 06-26-2003, 03:48: Message edited by: JudgeG ]

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Debbie,
George was a good friend and no one will miss him on our up and coming hunt because he'll be there keeping us out of trouble..

He did it his way, he was a man of vision, he wanted to hunt and he took all that life had to offer and then some...Some folks just want things to happen, some folks make things happen, George made things happen, and most of the hunting community would trade places with him even in his death, thats the kind of life he lived, to be envied by all that love the hunting fields...That is quite an epitath when you think about it, an old country kid ending up one of the most famous Professional Hunters in the world, and think of the aristocrats he guided and he never forgot his roots, he died a country boy..

It was Georges time and we'll all have to walk that road someday and I suspect he'll be there holding out a rifle for me when my time comes..In the meantime he will be sorely missed...

In time your grief will turn to one of quite happiness remembering the good things and the good times because time heals all wounds, that is the way God made us, trust in him and all will come to pass with nothing but fond memories of a great man to think heal your present hurt...

Hope you and Mary will be at SCI Dallas, signing Georges book at our table, Pierre sends his best to you and your family.
Ray

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
He was a hunter's hunter and a genuinely good man.
God rest his soul.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Our thoughts are prayers will be with you, Saeed and Pierre on safari. I know it will be wonderful time and no doubt daddy will be looking down enjoying it with you.

Mom and I are planning to be at the Dallas Safari Convention next January. I went to their website today and got the dates. We're looking forward to seeing you there.

Regards and happy happy hunting.
Debbie

posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

It great that you will be joining Pierre and Ray on safari. Shoot a big one for daddy!

We'll look forward to hearing the "war stories" when you all return.

Regards and happy hunting.
Debbie

<Harry>
posted
Just before I left his house Memorial Day weekend he looked at me, smiled and said, "We had a lot of fun together."
That pretty much sumed up our friendship in one simple sentence.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Debbie,I am the one that bought the 300 wby dies from your family,I never had the chance to meet your father,but chatted with him on this site, may never make it to Africa, but when I set and use his dies,I dream and marvel at what he has taken with that gun,with out dreams we are nothing.Heres hoping that the GODS grant the swift passing of time and only fond memories.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Debbie:
I'll be with Pierr'e a week or so before Saeed and crew get there. I thought I'd better go early, if I wanted to get a Zebra. Walter is a heck of a Zebra shooter, you know... or Zebra scarf shooter, that is. [Big Grin]

In any event, hopefully, I'll send you a picture of a buffalo taken with one of your Dad's bullets.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote