New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rhino available
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For most this will be just a curiousity but for the few collectors looking for one of everything or something different this hunt might be just the ticket.

Garry Kelly in RSA has a black rhino available on Makasa which is a conservancy area adjacent to the Mkuze Game reserve. The area is about 15,000 acres of heavy brush and the promises to provide a close quarters encounter with the rhino.

The all inclusive price is $172,500.00 for the five day hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At $172,500.00 that is just a couple of bucks over my limit.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Can the trophy be imported to the US?

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
At $172,500.00 that is just a couple of bucks over my limit.

Yeah, I was there at $172,000.00 but $172,500.00 puts me over my budget Wink

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tembo:
Can the trophy be imported to the US?

Not yet. Only white rhino can be imported, and then only with a CITES import permit from USFWS.

BTW, just as a point of comparison, one could take two 21-day, full bag, 1X1 Tanzanian safaris in the Selous Game Reserve, or Maasailand, etc., for that kind of money, including all traveling expenses, all government fees, all daily rates (including an observer) and tips, and also including all trophy fees for two elephant, two lion, two leopard and six buffalo. Not to mention two of all of the royal antelope and multiples of all of the common game, plus two hippo and two croc.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim,

No problem! Sold! We'll take your $172,000.00. So when should I expect your check????

Mike

Your comparison is pretty close but you know there are people who spend $172,000 each year and more just hunting elephant. That figure is only about the equivalent of 3 big bull hunts in Bots.

Mark

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Damn, and I just spent all my money on a new Savage 110. Should have waited

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KC Carlin
posted Hide Post
Put me dowm for 2 Wink

Posts: 295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Tim,

No problem! Sold! We'll take your $172,000.00. So when should I expect your check????

Mike

Your comparison is pretty close but you know there are people who spend $172,000 each year and more just hunting elephant. That figure is only about the equivalent of 3 big bull hunts in Bots.

Mark

Mark

Mark,

Did I mention my $172,000.00 budget was in Zim dollars Big Grin

As for the cost, it is very difficult to put a price on something that is so limited. Yeah, you could do a bunch of elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, etc. hunts for this amount, but if you really want to round out your collection of the Big5, what price would you pay.

There are some people who could blow $172,000 on something quite easily. Unfortunately I can't.

My point is, there is probably someone out there who wants this and can afford it. It is very difficult to put a price on things that are rare. Wait until Richard Branson starts flying civilians into outerspace at $250,000 a pop. There will be people willing to pay that amount for that unique/rare experience as well.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
What does your friend do to make $400,000 a day??????

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Mike

Mark

I don't doubt it for a minute.

Can you imagine what Jay Mellon used to spend per annum adjusted to 2006 dollars? Eeker

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
What does your friend do to make $400,000 a day??????

Sent you a PM

Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to send info about this to my aquaintance, the owner of www.rangemasteroutfitters.com.

He has just shot a WHITE Rhino.

I am going to forward the pic to someone who can post it here.

Who should that be, send me a PM please?

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I couldnt shoot a rhino, I would feel terrible, If there were a huntable population like elephants then it would be great fun to hunt black rhino, i think shooting a white rhino is similar to shooting a milk cow on a farm.

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote