Find
Notify
Tools

Advice Please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello All,
I would like your advice on good cds or videos of african hunting. My unit will be deploying to Iraq this coming October and I would like to take a bunch along to keep my spirits up! I have lurked here for some years and even posted a couple of years back, your advice led me to build a 35 Whelen AI for my trip to Africa...which will have to wait until 2007 now. Anyway, I sure would appreciate your input. Thank you,
Larry

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
As much as people don't like his hunting ways, including me. he sure has exciting videos, Mark Sullivian. He has about 8 videos/DVD's..

SFC E7 - - Keep safe in Iraq, and thank you for what you are doing, I support you 100%!!!!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of 500NE
posted Hide Post
Hi SFC E7,

Besides Sullivan, which is quite contriversal:

You might want to check out Hunters Videos from Denmark, they are doing excellent hunting videos in general (thanks to Poul Erik Madsen) and especially on Africa!
http://www.huntersvideo.dk (Website nowerdays also offer video trialers for preview!)

Not sure how good distribution is in US of A, but as said, they are well worth it!

My favorites:
Cape Buffalo, Maissailand 1&2
Didn't enjoy the Elephant Hunting video (with legend Luke Samaras as PH) as much as I would have hoped, maybe my expectations where to high...

Boddington also brought out a video just recently, you find reviews on that one in this forum.

Enjoy,
500NE

Posts: 23 | Location: Vienna, Austria | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Get "Boddington on Buffalo" available @ www.craigboddington.com

The Mark Sullivan Videos (can usually find them used)

And for sure, "In the Jaws of Simba".

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out www.outdoorvisions.com
you will find many different hunting videos on african game.

Posts: 40 | Location: MA., USA | Registered: 19 February 2005Reply With Quote