Find
Notify
Tools

Summer TV Series Disparages Hunters
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted
A CBS summer TV mini-series called "Zoo" is about animals world-wide evolving to the point they can communicate with each other over long distances. The animals, both domesticated and wild, then turn on mankind and start killing their human "prey."

So far the series has taken at least two critical shots at hunters, once in Africa and again in the states.

In Africa on the first episode the male lead disrupts a hunting party, saying "we don't allow animal murders here," or words to that effect.

In the most recent episode two other characters observe a moose mount in a U.S. senator's office. The male character, a veterinarian of some sort, tells the senator that he did his master's thesis on the inverse relationship of size of taxidermy to the hunter's penis size, and offers the senator's wife his condolences.

In a parallel storyline, a convict on death row describes how he killed members of a hunting party. Granted, he's not a positive character, but at the same time there's an underlying theme that his horror at seeing animals killed is what drove him over the edge and "turned" him into a murderer.

Although it will be an exercise in futility, I think it might be worth ten minutes' of our collective time to pen an email protest to the network and series' producers, if for no other reason just to let them know that there ARE some folks who don't appreciate their presentation of hunters.

What say you?

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1553 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think I watched five minutes of that crap show. I think I would be writing longer than the show will be aired. But if someone has the patience to write one I'll signe it.

Posts: 168 | Location: Canada | Registered: 22 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is based on a novel by James Patterson called Zoo. I read the book and its quite a bit out there.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
My wife tried to get me to watch that show as well. I had a pretty good idea what direction it would go even before the first frame of the first scene ... as they all seem to do these days.

I turned it off when I heard the elk bugle while showing a view of the African plain in the opening scene! Obviously intended to manipulate the ignorant masses regarding wildlife and conservation.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Its on here is Australia as well. Never seen it, never will.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Keep your friends close, enemies closer.
Good idea to watch it so we get an idea what Antis are all about from all sides

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
If you really want to stop the show, it is a better idea to write the ADVERTISERS showing commercials on the show. The broadcast company does not give a crap what you think. They do however care about the companies that are paying them.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn nitro, I guess the doc's theory explains why I'm not tripping over it.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote