New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taxidermy in SA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am having problems getting our trophies out of SA, much less out of TZ. We left Sept 1 of last year. I was emailed that new regs are in effect in SA which extend the processing time.

Any feedback?

Keith

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It´s usually taken a year to get my trophies from SA (I´ve hunted there three times) so I wouldn´t start sweating yet. I understand that getting horns/capes delivered is quite a bit quicker but if you´re having the taxidermy done in Africa then 12-18 months is pretty much the norm for delivery.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keith

All I can tell you is that I don't think your delay is related solely to regs. in RSA. My trophies from RSA are already hanging on the my walls from last August. I don't think there is any magic involved. Garry Kelly just does his own dip/pack and shipping to port of exit. I can't imagine that eliminating 3rd parties doesn't expedite the process.

Good luck!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
My trophies have been done since June 6.Three weeks ago I recieved e-mail from the exporter stating that he was waiting for permits.Then another stating that half the folks in the Limpopo office where out sick.The e-mail you recieved on the new regs. was it in responce to seperate permits for each hunter?If you are trying to get others stuff on your permit then you could be in for a wait as those permits need to be seperate of yours.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my trophies back from RSA last week. They arriver 358 days after they were dropped off in Jo-Berg. I bought several cases of beer and had a get together with about 20 friends to help unpack the crates. We put screws around the outside of the crates and then hung the heads up so that people could really get a good look at them. Turned into a nice little party.

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote