THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Seeking information and experiences with PH Gareth Flemix

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking information and experiences with PH Gareth Flemix
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
AR Colleagues,

I have a safari set for June in Botswana with Greg Butler Safaris and the PH I was originally planned to hunt with has been impacted by the events in Zimbabwe and will not be able to guide me. Butler Safaris have assigned me another PH, Gareth Flemix, who they have assured me, is fully up to the job. Based on the reputation of Greg Butler Safaris and my conversations with my original PH, I feel comfortable that I will be well looked after but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Gareth and might give me some additional background on him. Anyone here know him, hunted with him; know his experiences etc would be greatly appreciated. A Google search yielded that he was a camp manager at Labala Lodge and worked for Kwando Safaris in the past. I will of course have further conversations with the Butlers but was just wondering what the Forum members might know.

Thanks
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear about the change in plans, I hope all is well with Andy in Zim. I can't help regarding the new PH, but I'd suggest getting references of guys he has hunted recently and call and talk to them and see what kind of hunter he is (noting his knowledge of the fauna and flora should be excellent given his background).

As I recall you have a very impressive list of animals on the menu including buffalo, croc, tessebe and lechwe. June in the Delta should be spectacular, a true paradise. I look fwd to chatting with you when you return.

Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the advice and input. Yes a bit of a bobble in the plans and I’m really disappointed that Andy won’t be my PH…he’s one of the old school greats. Not too concerned that I won’t have a good hunt as Greg Butler’s operation has a very solid reputation. I will be talking with them next week and will ask for some recent references.

Like everyone else I’m monitoring the situation daily in Zim and so far Andy has been okay but some issues with his extended family have cropped up necessitating his staying there. Let’s all hope for the best for our colleagues in Zim.

My hunt should not be affected but we did have a few days post hunt planned for some sightseeing in Hwange and Vic Falls. I’ll have a back up plan if things go down hill.

We leave June 21 and as we all know the wait and anticipation is, shall we say, excruciating at times. Will catch up post hunt.

Thanks
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote