THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone headed to Zim in the near future?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone headed to Zim in the near future?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been picking up various Zim notes as curios and would like to have some of the larger denominations that have come out this summer. I have a variety up to 750,000 but nothing larger. It would be interesting to have some million and billion dollar notes.

Can anyone assist in this? Thanks.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think we should allow street beggers on the forum! dancing

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:

465H&H

Certainly not if they dare to suggest that they need $ 1 000 000 qnd $ 1 000 000 000 notes! dancing

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're going to beg...go big!

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
I've got a few $ 10m.

PM me your addy.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the revalued currency, almost all of the old "big denomination" notes have disapeared. I have still never seen one of our 100 Billion dollar notes.

The cash situation has improved slightly, and I saw some of our new $100 bills for the first time yesterday, but the banks are still limiting you to a maximum of Z$300 withdrawal (ie US$3 per day) - and I find it hard to justify standing in a bank queue for an hour to draw $3!!!

Very few shops that have anything to sell will accept Zim $ anymore - It is just too difficult to get zim money.

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:

465H&H

rotflmo

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don. It gets kind of interesting when they knock off 10 zeros.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sending New-Guy back with a thick wad of 100,000 and 200,000 notes- like 10lbs of the stuff. Send him self adressed envelope Big Grin ( oh and your order for a new Heym double)

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ganyana for the heads up but you set me up previously with some larger notes up to 750k. I trust you are doing well.

posted Hide Post
Y/K,
I'll be there in two weeks. My first time to Africa. If I can find any I'll bring you some and you can buy me lunchSmiler We seem to be neighbors and I've been wondering who you are anyway. Feel free to contact me.
Ron

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a deal Ron. If you click on my profile here you will find an email address for me. I don't have one for you so feel free to email me.