THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    It’s Official: SCI’s Convention is Staying in Reno!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s Official: SCI’s Convention is Staying in Reno!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It’s Official: SCI’s Convention is Staying in Reno!

TUCSON, Ariz., Oct. 10, 2005 – SCI today announced that its Annual Hunters’ Convention, the Ultimate Hunters’ Market, will continue to be held in Reno, Nevada through 2009. Future SCI Convention Reno dates for 2007, 2008 and 2009 are now set for Jan. 24-27, Jan. 23-26 and Jan. 21-24, respectively.

“SCI is happy to extend its close relationship with Reno for the next several years,†said SCI Executive Director Tom Riley. “The organization had to weigh the needs of its rapidly expanding show verses the warm welcome and hospitality it receives from the Reno-Sparks community. Thankfully, the Reno-Sparks Convention Center has made plans starting in 2007 to allow for the expansion of the Hunters’ Convention, which will enable SCI to return through 2009.â€

The Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority agreed to several benefits based on SCI’s continued presence at Reno-Tahoe, America’s Adventure Place, pending final RSCVA Committee approval in October. Two sprung structures will be constructed on the north-end parking lot nearest the Atlantis, adding up to 50,000 square feet that can be used for display or event functions. The RSCVA also will remove the hard wall from the "F" meeting rooms, opening up another 19,000 square feet in Hall 4 and making it much more attractive as exhibit show floor space.

In appreciation of long-term relationship between SCI and the RSCVA, and the business SCI brings to the Reno area, the RSCVA will sponsor the food and beverage for our exhibitor's reception and for the patron's lounge.

At SCI’s 34th Annual Hunters’ Convention, taking place in Reno Jan. 18-21, 2006, SCI is projecting some 22,000 Convention attendees from up to 50 countries around the world, more than at any other time in SCI history. As many as 400 of the world’s top outdoor journalists also will attend, along with Nevada news media, wildlife officials and other outdoor experts from around the world and renowned outdoor celebrities.

As the Ultimate Hunters’ Marketplace, the blockbuster 2006 event is expected to fill the Reno-Sparks Convention Center’s more than 600,000 square feet of floor space, with some 1,100 exhibitors from the top companies in the outdoor and shooting sports industries. Thanks to extraordinary auction items and services graciously donated by these exhibitors, SCI is expected to raise millions to advance its unparalleled hunter advocacy and conservation efforts. Just some of these auction items and services will include unique firearms, once-in-a-lifetime hunting trips, professional taxidermy, beautiful artwork, fine furniture and intricate jewelry.

Sportsmen and –women attending the SCI Convention also can enjoy first-class entertainment on the exhibit floor and during the Convention’s dazzling evening auction and awards banquets. Some of the evening event’s riveting keynote speakers and entertainment will include comedian Jeff Foxworthy, Lt. Col. Oliver North (USMC, Ret.) and master impressionist André-Philippe Gagnon. Other personalities set to attend SCI’s Hunters’ Convention include author and television show host Jim Shockey, outdoor writer Craig Boddington, Dick and Mary Cabela of Cabela’s the World’s Foremost Outfitter, wild game cooking expert Chef John Schumacher and others.

SCI-First For Hunters is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. SCI’s 173 Chapters represent all 50 United States as well as 13 other countries. SCI’s proactive leadership in a host of cooperative wildlife conservation, outdoor education and humanitarian programs, with the SCI Foundation and other conservation groups, research institutions and government agencies, empowers sportsmen to be contributing community members and participants in sound wildlife management and conservation. Visit http://www.safariclub.org or call 520-620-1220 for more information.

SCI’s record-breaking 33rd Annual Hunters’ Convention hosted more than 19,700 sportsmen from 50 countries around the world. Thanks to over 1,100 top exhibitors helping hunters realize dreams around the globe, the Convention raised nearly $11 million for SCI and the SCI Foundation. To register to attend SCI’s 34th Annual Hunters’ Convention, call 888-746-9724 toll-free or visit http://www.safariclub.org.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to hear that!

I like the convention much better in Reno. Sounds like Reno doesn't want to lose SCI, can you blame them!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could it be that the "Convention Connection" flier they sent out about a month ago announcing on page 10 that the 2008 Convention was going to be in New Orleans had something to do with it? Wink
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well that's too bad. Reno's a pain in the ass for us "easteners" to get to, not to mention expensive. The year or two they had it in Vegas it was much cheaper to fly there. Guess I'll save the grand plus for trophy fees and deal with my PH through emails! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Well that's too bad. Reno's a pain in the ass for us "easteners" to get to, not to mention expensive. The year or two they had it in Vegas it was much cheaper to fly there. Guess I'll save the grand plus for trophy fees and deal with my PH through emails! jorge

Or go see him at the DSC show instead (if he attends).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yep, if he goes to Dallas, I'll be there. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having been an exhibitor in both Reno and Vegas I can not see that Reno is the great shakes. Much easier to get in and out of Vegas not to menition hotels etc.
I would much rather go to Vegas anytime. I don't gamble so that part holds no attraction for me in either place.
All of you come on to Dallas and we will have a hell of a good time drinking up the Judges booze! It is easy to get in and out of D/FW.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As long as those idiots have the show in Reno, I'm not going. Too much hassle getting there and nowhere near as much fun as in Vegas.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, as exhibitors, we've found the expenses at Reno about 70% of what we end up spending in Vegas. I'm not talking about slot machines either Smiler

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as those idiots have the show in Reno, I'm not going.

Wow! John what did SCI do to piss you off!

I've been to the show in Vegas and Reno, I think Reno is much better, but then again, I'm there for the convention not gambling.

It's much less expensive in Reno, and the people like having us there, Vegas could care less!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can't beat Dallas from an exhibitor standpoint as there is no union to mess with you and the members will help carry your booth in and out.
Hard to beat a deal like that.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
widowmaker-
I don't want to even get started about what SCI has done to piss me off over the years mgun
I just prefer Las Vegas because it is so much easier to get into and out of, and the shows are better and more plentiful. That's a big point if wifey comes along! I can gamble in either place, but ain't nothing like Las Vegas.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats great news for us as its a hour and a half drive through the mountains!!

One of Us
Picture of safariman
posted Hide Post
I much prefer the Reno area as I am seriously offended by the constant barrage of prostitute marketing that one is assailed with in Las Vegas. Reno is a beautiful city. It costs more for me to go, too, but it is worth it for the terrific overall experience. Can one of you fellows (or ladies) out there direct me to the Dallas Show? Specifically who to contact to see about renting display space? Thanks.

When you are but fifty feet from a beast that can stomp you into a mudpuddle or shred you into fajitas, rest assured he will have your UNDIVIDED attention!! www.aahsomeafricanadventures.com safariman416@hotmail.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Walla Walla Washington | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Johon S, just a questions, are you a member of SCI?

Taking it one step further, to those bitching about SCI, how many are actually members? Have they harmed you, care to share you experiences Roll Eyes

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
JBoutfishn,

I bit my tongue, before but yes what did SCI do that was so bad to JohnS, I'm a SCI member and I really believe in the org.

Posted by JohnS:
"I don't want to even get started about what SCI has done to piss me off over the years"

let's open this can of worms up John.. Spill it out!!!

Widowmaker416

posted Hide Post
Yes I am an SCI member, have been for 20yrs. No, my aggravations with them have been over with for several years and I don't care to rehash them here. I've moved on.