THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Custom Leather Bags from Elephant and Game Skins

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Leather Bags from Elephant and Game Skins
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Some time ago there was a post for I recall a company Trophy Hides Tanning Co that did excellent quality custom leather work including elephant and Buff. I can't seem to find their website...doesn't look like it was renewed. Are they still around....or who do you recommend for custom leather work frm game skins?
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Henry Flores
Falcon's Forge and Leather

Dick Murray
Murray Custom Leather

I have used both and both do outstanding work.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Trophy Hides went out of business. Too bad as they did great work.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Have a place around the corner from me my wife had them make some small wallets from my ele hide.
They do a lot for motor cyle riders and bags.
http://www.brackneyleather.com/p/about-us.html

Give them a call they maybe able to help.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
+1 for Henry Flores -408-930-8686 - falconsforgeandleatherworks.com

Great leather craftsman whose primary concern is the satisfaction of his customers. He executed my designs for safari culling belts and slides for B&M, made my elephant culling belt, makes all the B&M leather products for Michael458, and met with me last week to take Beau's just arrived cape buff hide and make a culling belt for his 500NE, to be used on our upcoming Caprivi Ele hunt.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
+1 for Henry Flores -408-930-8686 - falconsforgeandleatherworks.com

Great leather craftsman whose primary concern is the satisfaction of his customers. He executed my designs for safari culling belts and slides for B&M, made my elephant culling belt, makes all the B&M leather products for Michael458, and met with me last week to take Beau's just arrived cape buff hide and make a culling belt for his 500NE, to be used on our upcoming Caprivi Ele hunt.

I have had a few folks working with my leather in the past, and it was good...... However, lionhunter discovered Henry Flores, and that was it for me. Henry is not just good, he is a proper Leather Master, its the best work I have ever seen. Henry designed the lace work he does for me, and I am spoiled with that now. Most of what I am going to show you is elephant leather, and the lace cape buffalo....... A few samples of what I have had Henry do for me.......

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff. Love the canteen cover!

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Micheal,
I think we broke the canteen in while w where in dallas this yr hope to do the same next yr.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks much for GREAT leads!!

SBT- where was Trophy Hides Tanning located...are any of the people doing work on thier own??

Mike-thanks much, very nice work I will contact Henry.

Actually, looking for someone making nice bags, stachels, etc. too.

Cheers

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Thanks much for GREAT leads!!

SBT- where was Trophy Hides Tanning located...are any of the people doing work on thier own??

Mike-thanks much, very nice work I will contact Henry.

Actually, looking for someone making nice bags, stachels, etc. too.

Cheers

470EDDY

If you can think it, Henry can make it.................... bags or anything else you can think of......

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Michael is exactly right. Henry has made me iPhone cases, watch bands, as well as more traditional items.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have had a number of things made from elephant by Walden and Bork. Just google and take a look at their website.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post

Legends Taxidermy in Michigan made this from a croc hide i furnished. handles are cape buffalo hide with an elephant hide embossed pattern. they can use whatever hide you furnish and make a number of other items.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks much Guys!! Lots of good input, I appreciate it!

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
++1 for Dick Murray also - makes nice stuff and is a Texas gentleman also.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 350 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used MacPherson Custom Leather of Burbank Ca. to make a purse for my daughter out of my ele hide. I was very pleased. I also had Taylormade leather make an Bible cover from my ele hide. That is a conversation piece.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Will do any custom work? The passport wallet I bought from him is first class work.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trophy Hides went bankrupt after a series of problems (flood, accident, etc.). The bank sold the company back to the original owner (Uber Glove Company - Lanny Uber), who contacted those folks who got caught up in the fiasco (including me) to make things right.

I was really pissed at the original company, as they were perfectly willing to accept the shipment of my hide, and process my credit card payment - then file for bankruptcy within a week or so.

So when Lanny called and offered to make good on the order, I rolled the dice and took him up on his offer. The purse he made for my wife from the cape buffalo we stalked together was delivered just as promised.

I think they are operating as Century Leather, but a quick search of the internet didn't turn up much. They are in Owatonna, Minnesota. I'd work with him again.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Acer;
Thanks very much, VERY HELPFUL! I did see Uber Leather when I was doing a Google search so maybe they are connected? I will do more research and see if I can connect....glad to hear Lanny stood by your order, I will feel him out before sending anything.
Cheers,

470EDDY