New
Find
Notify
Tools

Balla Balla Family
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Yesterday morning I went up to my cabin to shoot the ol 338 and get it ready for the Sept trip. When I got home I put a new DVD from Ken Wilson - Zambia Safari, and got to meet Peters family - Alan, Jessie, Shawn and Dene. Ken did a hunt for Buffalo and Roan with them I guess a couple of years ago. Very nice camp I enjoyed the video very much. Peter do they have access to Sitatunga there?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I will try to find that DVD. Two years ago in RSA I hunted impala in their property and Shawn was there. Very nice chap.
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo - http://www.outdoorvisions.com. Video or DVD.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks !!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Yesterday morning I went up to my cabin to shoot the ol 338 and get it ready for the Sept trip. When I got home I put a new DVD from Ken Wilson - Zambia Safari, and got to meet Peters family - Alan, Jessie, Shawn and Dene. Ken did a hunt for Buffalo and Roan with them I guess a couple of years ago. Very nice camp I enjoyed the video very much.

Peter do they have access to Sitatunga there?

We DONT have Sitatunga on our private ranch BUT I may be able to get you an off our ranch opportunity, the only thing is they are a swamp hunt and rather remote in Zambia so the cost factor might be prohibitive. In any event I will keep my ear to the ground

Die Ou Jagter & Lorenzo

Just a short note to thank you both for the kind words about my family in Africa ...

Young Shawn in in his last year of school in SA and having grown up and spent his entire life on a safari ranch with his elder brothers Dene age 31 Our main PH & Alan Jnr age 21 they are all mad bush nuts and very knowledgeble on hunting of cource.

I dont know if Shawn is going to become a PH or not BUT without exception all the hunting clients whom have met him have a high praise for his courtesy and hunting skills, he is also very interested and quite good at golf

The best OPTION to get the DVD is direct from Ken Wilson ... HE is the (sole copyright producer) of the DVD which is essentially a (commercial copyright documentary) and NOT an ACTED hunting video per se.

We dont personally distribute the documentary video, as I say it is COPYRIGHT to Ken Wilson, but of cource filmed on our private ranch in Zambia ... BUT there is a lot of (live hunting footage) as well as some general sightseeing filming of the Victoria Falls on the Livingstone/Zambia side

This is the OPTIMUM link to my webpage ( with a brief explanation) where you can then scroll down the page and CLICK to read further and/or consider purchasing the actual video or DVD direct from Ken on his commercial website

Sportsmen On Film

Regards, Peter ( Old man downunder )

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I assure that anyone that hunts with Balla-Balla will be treated fairly and have a great hunt...They are an exceptional bunch of folks, and if anyone of them told me the sun wasn't coming up tomarrow, I'd damn sure bring a latern to work....I have no vested interrestest in them, but I do know them personally and I have done some business with them in the past and would stake my reputation on them without any hesitation, guess thats what I just did Huh? thumb clap beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I assure that anyone that hunts with Balla-Balla will be treated fairly and have a great hunt...They are an exceptional bunch of folks, and if anyone of them told me the sun wasn't coming up tomarrow, I'd damn sure bring a latern to work....I have no vested interrestest in them, but I do know them personally and I have done some business with them in the past and would stake my reputation on them without any hesitation, guess thats what I just did Huh? thumb clap beer

Hey Ray you OLD AFRICA PHILE

Hope we can get around a campfire in Africa if not next season then sometime!!!

I am starting to view the Tan Zan DVD which Saeed sent me, I see yourself and others are having much fun there

All the best to yourself & family

Peter / downunder

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote