New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another African Hunting Magazine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got an email yesterday about one of Alan Bunn's new projects. It may be old news to some but it is the first time I saw it. Looks like they have done a good job on it.
Check out
quote:

lik

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this will fly. Under Wild Skies just folded after a very brief run.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that!
Especially the letter from James Clarke to Bridget Bardot!

BTW Clarke is no dummy when it comes to environmental issues!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
maybe some competition will spur the folks at African Hunter to start providing what you pay for. This is the first year out of the past five that I haven't renewed my subscription to African Hunter magazine at the SCI convention. last year i received 4 of the 6 issues promised and every year the 6 issues were erratic as hell. receive an issue, then 3-4 weeks later another, then nothing for 6 months. some years 5 issues, some years 6. it's a real shame because the content was great-WHEN (OR IF)YOU GOT IT!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
maybe some competition will spur the folks at African Hunter to start providing what you pay for. This is the first year out of the past five that I haven't renewed my subscription to African Hunter magazine at the SCI convention. last year i received 4 of the 6 issues promised and every year the 6 issues were erratic as hell. receive an issue, then 3-4 weeks later another, then nothing for 6 months. some years 5 issues, some years 6. it's a real shame because the content was great-WHEN (OR IF)YOU GOT IT!!

I absolutely agree. I did not renew my subscription at DSC for the exact same reasons. I stopped by and let them know that I had paid for 18 issues in 2006 and to date I have received a grand friggin total of 8 issues since Jan of 2006. When I got home from Dallas I had a "new" issue in the mail. Issue #3 for 2008. I already received that issue back in 2008. They are so screwed up that I will never subscribe to their magazine again.

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote