THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Cape Buff hunts on ESPN2 this Saturday 7/12 from Zim

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Buff hunts on ESPN2 this Saturday 7/12 from Zim
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
This Sat morning on ESPN2 at 8AM eastern time on Pro Hunter Journal (also Sunday at 6am)there will be 2 Cape buff hunts from Zim. One will be a blackpowder hunt with Gregg Ritz, and the second is a rifle hunt I did last August in Charisa. I haven't seen the show yet and have no idea how it will all look, but I thought I would post it since almost everyone gets ESPN.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will try to shake my bones out of bed in time to see it. Big Grin

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always wished for Saeed to quit his day job and, using his photographer skills and footage of prior safaris, he could put together an outstanding one hour special on real hunting in Africa. All the whispering, etcetera could be eliminated and just have a deep voiced male narrate the various hunting scenes, bullet impacts and all.

Posts: 1077 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a very good idea.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim,

Congratulations, the show was done very well.
George Hallamore will be guiding Dr. C (who posts here on AR) on an archery buffalo hunt next month.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kathi - I guess George is the man. He guided Tom Miranda to a bow kill elephant at 11 yards a year or so ago...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Good show Tim. Did you say in another post that there was a more open buffalo taken? Regardless, that was a nice show and i sure wish i had been along.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Thanks SilentT,

Yes, that was the 2nd buff of the trip. The other was in much more open terrain. You could see the whole bull broadside. I am sure they will use it inanother show or next season. In about 3 weeks, my kudu will run on there, and it is the best piece of footage I have ever been involved in. Leopard, kudu and Cape buff and in one sequence.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I'll have to DVR the next one as well. What caliber were you shooting?

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I shot .375H&H . It is funy, I took a .416 Rigby for buff. My luggage was lost in Jburg, so I got to camp with 2 rifles, the clothes on my back and a spare set that was in my carry on. There was camp .375 ammo, so I resighted my gun with camp ammmo, and went out and killed my first buff before my luggage (clothes and ammo) showed up on day 4. I had already killed 1 buff with the .375, so when the opportunity came to kill another, I just carried the .375 so I could shoot plainsgame with it as well (had a more powerful scope). I never even got the .416 out of the case. I did leave all the ammo with one of the asst. PH's who was in need of it badly.

Killed 2 buff, kudu, bushbuck, bait impala and hippo with the .375 on that trip, and all were 1 shot kills (though I did miss a couple of shots).

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com