THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunted with Mashambanzou safaris?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunted with Mashambanzou safaris?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A mate and I are looking at hunting options in Mozambique and this company has been suggested.

Looking at the website I note there is no link to a trophy gallery nor a list of testimonials, but there is an indemnity form :?

Anyone here had any experiences?

http://www.mashambanzousafaris.com/

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the company of Grant Taylor.

If you go on Galleries (on top of the page) you will find plenty of trophy pictures from 2005-2013.

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2091 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A'ha now that I look at it with something other than an apple device it opens Smiler I thought the galleries link was dead.

Thanks Caracal, any personal experience with the company?

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GBE

Larry Sellers and Sevens from AR have hunted there recently..I know Larry is at DSC now..may want to pm Sevens.

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear good things abount Grant, try to talk w/him face to face. I met his US representative last year @ SCI Reno & I cannot reccomend dealing with him. He wasn't even aware that hippos were not exportable from Moz. to USA & the ban had been in place for months.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody recently hunted the Niassa Block with Grant Taylor ?

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
Anybody recently hunted the Niassa Block with Grant Taylor ?

Hi Bwana

I hunted with Grant out of his main camp east of Gorongosa in 14’. Good things to say about Grant and his operation.

As far as Niassa, I believe Grant is Hunting in the Lipilichi communal area west of the reserve. I don’t know anyone who has hunted Lipilichi but it is supposed to be good for Leopard, buffalo, eland and sable. Lion and other plains game there as well.

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grant is excellent and you will have a great hunt with him! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buzz & Safari2 much appreciated. @moboga biga bwana forgive me I am a novice on AR so I have sent you a PM already with my email address if you would like any references or additional info I would be happy to provide?
Cheers
Grant
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Grant is excellent and you will have a great hunt with him! Cheers Buzz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted buffalo with Grant in '11, main camp east of Gorongosa as well. He is a hard working PH who is excited about the hunt.

I hunted buffalo, eland, waterbuck, reedbuck and several baboons.

While there, I also hunted a bit with PH Rich Kok. I would hunt with either guy again any time.

I felt that Mozambique was a step back in time, more so than the other countries I've hunted, which added extra spice to the safari.

Posts: 447 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
See my signature line. Would have no qualms hunting with Grant again - he’s a nice guy and a good PH. Mozambique is quite pretty too.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote