Find
Notify
Tools

Chub Eastman passes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Don't know if this has already been noted here, but Chub Eastman who worked for Leupold and Stevens, then Nosler for many years, died here in Bend, Oregon, on Aug. 3. He wrote a number of firearms articles over the years, hunted all over, and also contributed to the various Nosler reloading manuals.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/ob...-eastman?entryType=0

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16559 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Chub was a good man.

Posts: 70 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 18 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the guys who has been through the wars for sure. Very sorry to hear that.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew Chub from the Oregon double rifle shoots. He was a straight shooter!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I've been reading his works for over 20 years.

I still refer to his article on the various 9.3 caliber rifles which was published at least 15 years ago.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11024 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear we have lost a valued Hunter and writer. Didn't know Mr. Eastman personally but enjoyed his articles a lot.

Posts: 2611 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I must say I was shocked to hear of Chub's passing. I have talked to Chub many times over the years and he was a wealth of knowledge and a genuinely good person.

He will be missed by many of us.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1830 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chub Eastman was one of good guys. He always remembered my name even though I was a peon working at the conventions. Loved his articles in Sports Afield. Was a straight shooter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chub was definitely one of the good guys. I roomed with him a couple of years ago at a Remington event; neither one of us could hear so our snoring didn't matter. He will be greatly missed.

Posts: 126 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear this sad news. Based on Chub's work, which I have read for years, I have always had a great deal of respect for him. He was a good and honest writer who will be missed.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13519 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote