New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting to Zim
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am currently planning my first safari, a 10 day Buff/Plainsgame hunt in Zimbabwe. My question is what is the best (least expensive) way to get to Harare form DFW?

Billy Bob

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Probably the least expensive is South African Airlines via Atlanta or New York. South African Airlines has "add on fares" that are relatively inexpensive when you book your international leg with them.

So your airfare from DFW to Atlanta (or New York) and return as well as your airfare from JNB to HRE and return will be less expensive.

See Gracy Travel for a list of airfares.

Regards,

Terry

P.S.
According to Gracy Travel, in High Season departing from Zone 3 (Texas) to Harare and return is $2,150.00 (plus security fees and taxes).

The cost for flying from Atlanta or New York to JNB is $1,690.00. So it is costing you just $460.00 total for your round trip from DFW to Atlanta (or New York) and for your round trip from JNB to HRE.

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wise1:
I am currently planning my first safari, a 10 day Buff/Plainsgame hunt in Zimbabwe. My question is what is the best (least expensive) way to get to Harare form DFW?

Depending on your time of travel.
I sent you PM

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote