Find
Notify
Tools

DAPU AUCTION OF BRITA HARLAND'S ART
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Support The Cause

Would you like to assist in ending the poaching? Help us and support the cause!

Painting Auction: DAPU is proud to regularly receive donations from well known artists of original canvases. These will be auctioned off with all or part of the proceeds going towards ongoing DAPU expenses.

Zambezi - Our Kingdom by Brita Harland - 36x20x2" oil on canvas

This beautiful diptych painting depicts a magical Zambezi valley scene, of three big elephant bulls, standing in the late afternoon light in a mopane forest.

Living and working on safaris with her husband Richard – the legendary hunter and author - in the great Zambezi Valley and Gonarezhou, has provided Brita Harland with a wealth of first hand observation of the bushvelt and big game. Significantly she grew to love the harsh dry environment of these wilderness areas where the long, hot days and dry mopane forests created the special magic of Africa.

Brita’s style and subject matter has found widespread favour, resulting in a number of exhibitions and many commissions. Much of her art has found its way to private collections, not only in Africa, but also Europe & the USA.

Bidding starts now - email info@dapuzim.com and visit our website to keep track of the current bid .

Auction closes 31 August 2016 - Hurry and secure your offer today.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I have several of Brita's paintings and they are very nice indeed. Couple the fact that she is a exceptional artist with the fact that she is Richard Harland's wife, a man who has as much elephant hunting experience as virtually anyone alive, and you have a wonderful conversation piece (in this case, pieces!) to enjoy . . . not to mention supporting a worthwhile effort like DAPU. This is a winner all the way around.

tu2

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Yep, I missed out on purchasing one of Brita's paintings when we were over on the Dugga Boy's hunt. I swear they put them on display while I was being kept in the bush. Probably not against my will however. Being smart investors, Mr. Jines, Gorney, etal. scooped them up!

But seriously, great artwork for a great cause!

Good chance to bid on one again and have the proceeds go to DAPU.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was lucky to have the opportunity, thanks to Buzz, to purchase one of Brita's works of art. I love the painting for its depiction (elephant) and that Brita and Richard are at the top of the list of those due true admiration in the hunting world at least as far as Zimbabwe and all things elephant are concerned. We were all so fortunate to have Richard in attendance for many of our daily hunts on the Dugga Boy hunt in 2014 and to hear, firsthand, Richard's views on modern and historical topics.

DAPU is a great cause and it is what is worthwhile and working in Zimbabwe right now. It should be supported and elevated.

Posts: 97 | Location: Texas | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
DAPU is a great cause and it is what is worthwhile and working in Zimbabwe right now. It should be supported and elevated.

Agreed, DAPU does a grand job of pushing back against the illicit pressures on the wildlife resource. CMS surcharges 1% of the basic hunt cost as a contributory amount to the funding of DAPU. In my view that's fair, but I was happy to pay more than this amount when settling my final bill after my recent hunt. With greater funding DAPU would be even more effective.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Bump...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote