Tools

Tusker Poached in Kenya
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sad, what a beautiful bull.

http://www.independent.co.uk/n...-trust-a7614851.html

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The photo suggests the carcass has been laying there for a considerable length of time as the skin appears to have decayed where it is the thinnest and there are no visible signs of scavenging.

How very strange that the prime scavengers, Vultures and Hyenas have not touched the carcass at all - the birds would have left all their shit stains behind and the Hyenas would have wasted no time on the softer parts.

Even if the Hyenas did not create an opening to the carcass, the Vultures are experts in accessing the innards through the most natural orifice of all and devour it inside-out.

Posts: 2030 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I love one of the comments about "How hard can it be to protect an elephant?" Talk about idiotic, uninformed and obtuse - that guy's got it in spades.

Fulvio - Good catch. It's interesting for sure, given how fast protein goes over there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fulvio raises interesting points,

Posts: 10307 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote