THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Incredible photo: Lion & Buffalo battle in the Okavango

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incredible photo: Lion & Buffalo battle in the Okavango
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I stumbled across this incredible photo on Facebook of a group of Lions bringing down a buffalo in the Okavango. The photographer is Ben Cranke. If anyone knows how to get a print of this, I have someone who would like to buy one.

Stunning....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SUPERB capture by the photog!!! tu2

BenCranke.com Big Grin

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Were there follow up frames? I'm not so sure what the result was....that cow with the calf to the right looks like she is about to become an active participant.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Were there follow up frames? I'm not so sure what the result was....that cow with the calf to the right looks like she is about to become an active participant.

There were no follow ups....unfortunately. I think you're right though....that mama buffalo looks like she's about to poke some holes in one of those cats.

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
... The photographer is Ben Cranke. If anyone knows how to get a print of this, I have someone who would like to buy one.

I'd like to buy one too if it was available. Incredible image.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photograph. Perfectly captured. I believe the Buffalo to the right is a bull , and not happy with the situation at hand.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:
Beautiful photograph. Perfectly captured. I believe the Buffalo to the right is a bull , and not happy with the situation at hand.

You may be right....I just assumed it was a cow because of the presence of the small calf next to him/her.

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gatogordo,

Look what I found!! Smiler Full sequence of photos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ung-came-attack.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
That first photo would make a very fine wall paper [enlarged] for your gun/safari room !

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
For those of you who might be interested....

I've been in contact with the photographer's wife (photographer is out of the office until July). She was very kind and we exchanged several emails back and forth....and she just added this photo to their website's online shop for ordering. If you are interested in purchasing a print, click on this link: http://www.bencranke.com/?p=3537&l=2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not that it matters because I'm not going to buy one, but that site has 3 sizes of prints available, and, AFAICT, doesn't state the sizes.

The photographer is also a greenie and, reading between the lines, appears to be anti-hunting.

None of that detracts from the beauty of his images tho.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not that it matters because I'm not going to buy one, but that site has 3 sizes of prints available, and, AFAICT, doesn't state the sizes.

Actually, if you click on the basket icon on the upper right corner of the image thumbnail you will see sizes (A1,A2,A3), and associated pricing.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking this photo shout be renamed "Shit is about to get Real...FAST"

Just a magnificent pic. I may buy one.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those that ordered the print, I'd be curious to hear about the quality when it arrives. I like it, but it certainly ain't cheap.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote