Find
Notify
Tools

Satellite Phones & trip insurance
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Folks,
I am looking for a bit of help. My son (27) and I will be on a trip to Botswana and zimbabwe this August. 4 days hunting in Bots and 5 days fishing in Zim on the Zambesi, then 5 days on a game view in one of the parks in Zim.
What satellite phone is best??
Is trip insurance recommended??
I know things are deteriorating in Zim (especially Harare). How are things around Vic Falls and in the parks in that area?
Thanks T

Posts: 27 | Location: MASSACUSETTS | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you try a search in African Hunting and African Travel? This has been discussed quite a bit.

Mike

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike I will look there
Tony

Posts: 27 | Location: MASSACUSETTS | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an iridium and sometimes it works great; other times we have a great number of dropped calls. Others attribute great deeds to their iridium. Make up your own mind.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
Tony,

You should seriously think about trip cancellation insurance especially going to Zimbabwe.

If you don't do cancellation insurance, you should at least think about med evac insurance for a piece of mind. Travel Guard has been good in the past. They are pretty reasonable.

http://www.travelguard.com/

Posts: 122 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote