Find
Notify
Tools

DSC AR Saturday nite Party
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Now this get together is at the Comfort Inn in the evening. Ed you can manage this post.
Any one may bring something if you wish.

Mike and Cherie we will be there. Kielbosi and Horseraddish and some new buffalo dip.

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Mike ---I'll be there plus the wife
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 933 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with my daughter.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with my wife.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed has the conference room again this year for the party; we'll gather in some snacks & drinks for the party, & then pass the hat to cover the expenses. If anyone has any special treats or drinks they prefer, feel free to bring them.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
some new buffalo dip.

Mike, just making sure this is NOT a typo. jumping

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be there.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing old friends! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What time will the shindig end?

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Keith you guys always pick on me. Eeker

exact name buffalo wing dip, OK!!!

Mike wave

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be there with several friends.

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Remember to invite your PH or booking agent to come. It is a great time for them to interact with potentional customers without the pressures of the convention floor.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Bryan There is no ending time we go till its over.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Keith you guys always pick on me. Eeker

exact name buffalo wing dip, OK!!!

Mike wave

Mike, I only pick on guys I like. wave

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I am leaving tomorrow to travel with Joyce and Frank, but we will have more than enough food and booze as I never plan for anyone to bring something, that is not to say don't bring anything. The only thing I don't buy is wine so if anyone wants wine bring it. I do have written confirmation for the meeting room so we won't be in the Breakfast Room this year BUT WILL PROBABLY SPILL OUT INTO THE LOBBY. come one come all and have fun.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Frank,
Are you and Joyce still offering airport P/U?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes ..... we will have a vehicle to help everyone we can to get from the airport. If you will need a ride, E-Mail us at "joycebeller@msn.com", and we will do our best to pick you up at the airport. Also, if anyone has made arrangements for a pickup, be sure you have our cell phone#'s in case of complications - 304-545-0215 (Joyce) or 304-549-1450 (Frank).

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with my youngest brother. Looking forward to seeing those I met last year and meeting new friends as well.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in attending. Driving down Saturday morning for the convention ( I live just north of Dallas)

Does one have to be booked into the hotel? I was planning on driving home SAturday night ( or Sunday morning)

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
You, of course, are welcome. The only qualification is that your have already attended during a prior year or this is your first time.

one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
You, of course, are welcome. The only qualification is that your have already attended during a prior year or this is your first time.

1st time so I qualify "woot!" I'll be sure to tuck my bottle of Crown Cask 16 to share in the Jeep before I head down. Whom do I contact about which Comfort Inn and when? Mims knows me if you need a character (or lack of character) reference Wink

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The Misses and I are going to try and make it as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok - us 1st timers will be there too, but if i bring a bottle of scotch will there be anyone there to help drink it??

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
bottle of scotch

Well Ernest doesn't drink scotch lol...one of the valuable things I learned on AR. rotflmo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
All AR'rs are welcome no matter what age newbies or some ancients. This is just a grand time to meet and yes you may bring a friend.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dSmith.45:
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

1st time so I qualify "woot!" I'll be sure to tuck my bottle of Crown Cask 16 to share in the Jeep before I head down. Whom do I contact about which Comfort Inn and when? Mims knows me if you need a character (or lack of character) reference Wink

dSmith the address is 7138 N Stemmons FWY
Phone number 214/461/2677.

We do have a good time. Big Grin

PS. BOOM Bring your 45, you might need it in this part of town...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh how I will miss the sun rising over the hotel Sunday AM! Will miss everyone, make sure ya tip one my direction.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
Cheryl and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again , we are driving in thursday night ,on the way down i will grab a few caces of beer .

Retreever ,, can you bring me one of the rounds from your 450 No2 for my collection ? this goes out to everyone , I want to buy some of the African rounds and i will bring some of the only ones i have a lot of , 375 Ackley Imp. not all that big but allso not found everywhere.

3 days to go !

Posts: 133 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
My AR cap came in the mail this morning, but I won't be able to attend this year due to family reasons. I was looking forward to meeting everyone. I guess I will keep my cap clean for next year.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wife and I will be there, I am sure looking forward to putting faces with the names.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
My wife & I plan to drive up Saturday morning, weather permitting.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is checking please add two of us to the list

H Kittle

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote