New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question re optima
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As i mentioned in an earlier post I leave next Thursday for Harare and am taking two firearms. I change planes at Jo'berg with 1hr40min between the arrival of my Qantas flight and the departure of the British Airways flight to Harare.

It has been suggested I just check my luggage through to Harare from Sydney. I have had the 470 go missing for 5 days at Jo'berg during a similar changeover 10 years ago.

Can Optima help in my situation? How do I contact them?

Thanks in advance.

mike

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I assume Optima could help you locate missing luggage. Maybe try contacting them in advance and they may be able to have someone actually ensure that your bags are transfered.

Optima Handling

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also check with BA (if you haven't already) to insure they'll even accept firearms going to Zim. They won't take them from London.

BTW, I used Optima in J'burg in December 2005. Definitely worth the $$. I'll bet they can do what you want, but check with them to be sure.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote