THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Did SCI go through with its OOA ZIM auction hunt?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did SCI go through with its OOA ZIM auction hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did SCI in Reno go ahead and auction off a Zimbabwe hunt for buffalo and leopard with Out of Africa safaris even though OOA has been banned from Zim and even though SCI was forewarned of the ban?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to assume that they did. I wasn't at that session, so I don't know for sure. Out Of Africa did have a booth set up at the convention, and there were people working it. I didn't stop in to visit.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
you should have asked how the poaching was going, or did you see a couple of men in black or goons ready to take you out if you said anything slightly negative??

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the AR people that went to SCI have had threats and intimadation forced on them and thus are not commenting

one of us
posted Hide Post
No threats nor intimidation that I saw. I didn't go to the auction sessions at which the trips were sold, so I just don't know any more. I can tell you this much. I would not consider buying a trip from them until after this plays out to my satisfaction.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe HunterJim can tell us.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
We went by their booth - sad to say they were busy as hell booking trips. They had a huge video that kept playing over and over of a badly hit leopard. Not the advertising I'd want - but par for the course. One of the guys came up to me and asked me if I was going to Africa, and I told him I had a hunt booked in Kuzuma. He asked me where that was! I told him "right next to Matesi, where you do your poaching". That kinda ended the conversation - Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Alexander:
I told him "right next to Matesi, where you do your poaching". That kinda ended the conversation - Jeff

That got a chuckle out of me.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trip went for full value. The OOA booth was very busy. Whatever my personal opinion may be I have to say a couple things. First USFW was there and did not make an issue of it. Second I did not see anyone in an official capacity from Zim serving warrants either. It would appear at least to me that OOA must have supporting paperwork since no one in either government was making an issue of it. Again it appears it depends on whose blessing you have in Zim on any given day. There are several people who have made deals to hunt on seized land. I dont like it but it seems to not be breaking any laws. Only time will tell.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Don't join the dark side on us!

Just because no one has been arrested yet, don't bet that it will not happen. And that goes for SCI management too (i.e., conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike

In terms of the parks and Wildlife Act Chapter 20:14, part XII, Section 59, you need the permission of the guy who was kicked off the land to hunt any animals. Otherwise it is illegal by the letter of our law. (and no we are not going to enforce it yet)

2) We don't have a warrent out for OoA. They assured the Director General that they were just booking Agents (for people on the US Banned list - so they are helping the politicians).

Provided they are actually only booking agents they are not breaking any law here.

Your F&W guys want a big fish to fry. I also suspect that like all government law enforcement agencies, they get a little dirt - not rally worth following up for now - but in the future when they want to make life misserable - hey presto all the old dirt gets dusted off! I know the story too well- done it myself for years/

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any of the guys buying the hunts or at auction are hoping to get their trophies out after the hunt.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I bet not many of those who have booked with them are aware of what is going on.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Saeed

WE must surely all remember the OLD SAYING ....

A FOOL and his MONEY are easily parted ... how true that is, some people are so blind they cannot see ... I DONT have any sympathy for them at all ....

I always tell them to keep taking the pills and hopefully one day the ailment will clear up bewildered

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Mike

In terms of the parks and Wildlife Act Chapter 20:14, part XII, Section 59, you need the permission of the guy who was kicked off the land to hunt any animals. Otherwise it is illegal by the letter of our law. (and no we are not going to enforce it yet)

2) We don't have a warrent out for OoA. They assured the Director General that they were just booking Agents (for people on the US Banned list - so they are helping the politicians).

Provided they are actually only booking agents they are not breaking any law here.

Your F&W guys want a big fish to fry. I also suspect that like all government law enforcement agencies, they get a little dirt - not rally worth following up for now - but in the future when they want to make life misserable - hey presto all the old dirt gets dusted off! I know the story too well- done it myself for years/

So if they are booking agents for the poachers it doesn't count? is this what you are saying?? I think one has to wonder if SCI is on the take from OOA. Why would a good honest up standing organization even wanna associate themselves with such a grouop of people, at the very least you would think they would respond to some of the claims made here and by others and say they would look into the matter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dont worry guys I have no intention of changing my stance on this. I won't book or hunt with them. Their views of conservation and mine are diametrically opposed. I also will not hunt on confiscated land no matter who it is through. That is an absolute wether it is legal or not. I have enough doubts about these guys to fill a book. My point however is it is time for someone to make a move. I dont care if it is Zim wildlife, banking, or USFW. This thing has drug out too long. It is time to make their case.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote