New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Perfect Shot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Would one of you guys be kind enough to post a copy of the frontal and side shot diagrams for giraffe for me.I have seen these diagrams before and recall the side shot to require a very high and forward target.The frontal shot may be best considering the fact that I am an archer.
You guys always come through so thanks in advance...eyedoc

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Sorry I can't help you, I just want to ask how can I buy that book. Any help is welcome.
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!!!
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was told on our recent hunt that the best place to shoot them was between the eyes as their bone structure was too tough for most rifles like my .338 Win mag. I didn't end up shooting one but considered it. I would have if I had managed to get my other trophies taken care of first, which i didn't.

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheldon,
If you use a proper bullet like a 300 gr. Woodleigh or a solid and even a 250 gr. Nosler, Northfork, or Swift in your 338 then it will put a giraffe down plenty quick, these are animals not tanks...I take most of this caliber stuff with a grain of salt...Shots at Giraffe are normally very close and bullet placement is easy...I have seen them killed very neatly wigh a 30-06, .308, 7x57,7x64 and several with the 300 Wby...

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
T Carr
The first picture in your post was very helpful.Could you possibly post a similar photo front on that would show the bone structure in the front chest area.If I am to slip an arrow in through that area I will certainly want to avoid major bone...eyedoc

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
eyedoc,

Sorry, that is all of the pics from "The Perfect Shot". No frontal pic of bone structure is in the book.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Besides, Terry just violated copy right laws and is now subject to major federal litigation. Terry, where would you like the summons served?

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the main difference between the mini and maxi version that calls for the big price difference.?

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The book is full of detailed information and anecdotes.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Terry
"
Quote:

Besides, Terry just violated copy right laws and is now subject to major federal litigation. Terry, where would you like the summons served?

Your post was a great ad for the book! That said this book is worth TWICE the cover price to anyone looking to go on Safari. If anyone wants to see the photos BUY THE BOOK! If you can afford the safari you can spare the $65. Doctari deserves evert penny he gets from this book. OK, I'm getting of the soap box.

Jason

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Terry has no taste in safari hats, but he is the info fundi for the site and I appreciate his efforts. I hope he, and everyone else, knows I was just yanking his chain a bit for posting the photos.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Perry,

I checked with Carmelo and he said it's OK to violate copyright because Robertson is a MOPE.

Regards,

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your effort T and all the others that chipped in with advice.
Did not mean to short change the author and cut him out of royalties. In fact I just bought a couple of copies of the mini version and Ray comped me another.The reason for the request was that the mini does not show bone structure from the front.I now know the big book does not show it either.
Will do my best with what I got ...eyedoc

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Terry,

If you are going to name drop I guess we will let it pass this time.

Perry

posted Hide Post
Cabelas has got all 3 books for $99 in a combo deal.

Posts: 16 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote