Notify
Tools

NORMA ammo with RHINO's
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Folks

Saw on 'Versus' an advertisement for ammunition I thought was made by NORMA (Sweden) with RHINO bullets. Missed the distributor/s website info -- didn't write it down immediately so it is lost to me. This was a couple weeks ago and on Friday's programming. I'm on nights so can't catch the shows tonight.

Does anyone remember who sells it in the USA? I think they may have been in MI or MN. Don't believe it was NORMA African PH line, BTW.

Any help appreciated.

BNagel

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
Even though it isn't in the PH line, I suggest you contact Norma and see about availability in CONUS. That is, I'm assuming that you're in the states.

Used to be 475Guy add about 2000 more posts

Posts: 245 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Perhaps some of the Swedish or Norwegian members will provide accurate information, but, in Sweden there were boxes of Rhino ammunition, marketed under the Rhino name, although perhaps manufactured by Norma. I don't think Rhino brand ammo has been distributed anywhere else.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have current Norma catalogs, the PH line is all Woodleigh, the 470 in the Hunting line are too. No Rhino is shown and they load all kinds of other bullets in addition to their own. If they make ammo for Rhino that with the other partners shown in the catalog makes 20, the number of companies Norma loads branded ammo for.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Norma are not selling ammunition loaded with Rhino bullets. But who knows in the future popcorn

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
475Guy

I'll search for CONUS. Guess nobody watched 'Versus'.

BNagel

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
I think this will clear a couple of things up.
Rhino bullets in Sweden under the owner Micheal cannot remember his surname, do sell loaded ammunition with Rhino bullets with their own packaging as well. The cases are headstamped Rhino but do come directly from Norma. Maybe that got you confused on the show.

You can also go to www.rhinobullets.com for more info

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like I said Norma loads ammo for 19 companies as per their own literature, Rhino would make it 20. Might Rhino manufacture their own? Maybe.

CONUS=CONtinentalUnitedStates.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Showbart,

Rhino in Sweden load their own ammo not Norma. The cases are specially made for them by Norma.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good. Likely it's just brass made for some as well.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I still don't know who the US distributor advertised on the TV screen is. I wish I had written it down. At almost 51 now, for me, if it ain't written it don't exist. My (known) fault. I need a memory beyond that of the Franklin planner I've been buying personally for 20+ years.

(Sigh)

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Bnagel,

Here's a link to someone who did sell in the US and why not anymore.
Rhino link to US

I will ask Kobus the owner of rhino to tell me as soon as things are sorted out and you guys can buy them again in the US.

Frederik Cocquyt

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Finally saw what I thought was a distributor -- Black Hills Shooter Supply has the NORMA African PH line (wholesaler only). It was on 'Versus' as in "brought to you by" at the very beginning of "Dangerous Game" I think.

I appreciate all the input. The bullets used are indeed Woodleighs, not RHINO's. Wish things had worked out for Biil I. He was very pleasant to deal with, but without profit available not worth his time. I also wish BHSS imported the Swedish loaded ammo.

Cheers!

BNagel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just another observation from my country, South Africa ... and that is that the ammo companies seldom if ever can make a premium bullet on par with what custom bullet makers can make even though they have multi million Rands/Dollars investment in their factories with engineers on board. That is the one intriging aspect. The other one is that here in SA, PMP the only ammo factory, wanted to buy at one stage bullets from custom bullet makers makers for such a low price that it would have left the fellows working for them for what we can basically call a poor wage. When attempts like this fail, they will tell you that they are not really in the commercial market, but essentially predominantly in the military market.

Strange but true.

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote