New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could turn back time.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you could turn back the hands of time and hunt with any singular African hunter who would you choose ? I should think Barclay Cole or Lord Delamere would have been as intersting as the game and colonial Africa.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Lord Delamere, F C Selous
But my all time favorite would be Dennys Finch-Hatton He was the man back then.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After reading Selous' book, I doubt I could care his water, but would love to have hunted with him for a couple of years.

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd go with Ian Naythans (sp?) in a heartbeat.--and I think he may still be kicking, not sure.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Lion hunting with Delamere does sound good ... if I hunted with Bunny Allen I could get all the left overs. Wouldn't mind hunting with Bell, so I could slap some sense into him.
Nah, ... I'll hunt the Abedares with John Hunter.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My dad had shot with him several times at different shoots. My dad used to say the most difficult targets they ever shot were life sized elephants. I believe he said the sheer size of the animal made it very difficult to scale your target and judge the distance. The family I married into had a large ranch in mid Mi for many years and Fred Bear stayed and hunted there every year.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
fred Bear anywhere he hunted for any game he was after. Hopefully he would be after DG
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, it would be Philip Percival.

Kathi

kathi@wldtravel.com

Posts: 9373 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Teddy Roosevelt. Even if the hunting were bad, the things that man had seen and done by the time he got to Africa would make his campfire stories worth it all.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wolverton Mountain, NH | Registered: 22 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Capstick-just to find out if he was for real or not. Besides he can spin a tale pretty good too.

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote