THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Things people have trouble believing
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things people have trouble believing
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I was charged and nearly trampled and killed by a plains zebra.

Sometimes even I have a hard time understanding that one, not to mention the hipshot at ten feet that saved my ass.

There were witnesses. But they are still laughing too hard to testify.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
A friend attempted a single long shot at a bushpig with a scoped .416. I was holding a .470 and the PH said, "If that pig moves after the first shot, unload that double!" The pig took off at mach 2 after the first shot and was running full tilt at over 150 yards when I did as I was told. After a short search we found the bushpig...with TWO holes in him. I must have been leading that pig by eight or ten feet and holding three or four feet above him. I am not claiming both successful shots were mine, but I will happily take 50% success under the circumstances. Three witnesses including the tracker.