THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    More Jimmy and some of the newest member of the Whittall clan

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Jimmy and some of the newest member of the Whittall clan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted
I apologize for the poor quality of some of the Jimmy pictures. When he comes in, he comes in late - usually at that time in the evening between no flash and flash, you know. I intend to track him soon and get some decent shots of him in the bush. Hope you enjoy these anyhow.

The vulture is Boris - a fledgling who bailed from his natural nest prematurely and ended up in a well feathered nest indeed, thanks to Anne Whittall. Somewhat ominously, Boris attends roll-call on Humani each morning without fail....

Cheers, Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not know you could teach a vulture to "play dead". That is the flattest bird I have seen that was not laying on I40 (Interstate Highway 40).

Who are the kids?

Great pics.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
I did not know you could teach a vulture to "play dead". That is the flattest bird I have seen that was not laying on I40 (Interstate Highway 40).

Who are the kids?

Great pics.

That bird lies prone for hours on the lawn after feasting on prime steak supplied by Anne. The kids are Roger and Anne's grandchildren. Those in the photos are just some of them, there are many more!

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That bird lies prone for hours on the lawn after feasting on prime steak supplied by Anne.

I would do the same thing. Thanks for the photos and I hope to make it to your Ranch in 2011.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We call that a "power nap", when we have over-eaten and are so bloated we cannot walk.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Git a saddle for jimmy Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Now that vulture is pretty cool! What an interesting creature. Jimmy continues to look good. Those are some lucky kids to be exposed to so much of nature so close up. Thanks for the photos!

~Ann

Posts: 19564 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote