Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omalamga Safaris-Namibia
 Login/Join

posted
Omalanga Safaris' primary camp, Mopane, is located north of Windhoek very near Otosha National Park. Gunter and Reinhild Schwalm operate Omalanga and utilize several other very competent PHs (Reinhild is a master guide). They also operate out the Oryx camp which is another excellent concession. Omalanga has recently added a couple of other concessions for Leopard etc. but I have not visited these camps.

Gunter and Reinhild are superb hosts. I have made several trips to Omalanga with family members and hunting colleagues and have never been disappointed with the accomodations, food, hospitality, and especially the hunting.
Omolanga has a wide array of plains game including Zebra, Black and Blue Wildebeest, Blesbuck,Springbuck,Oryx, Eland, Dik Dik, Jackal,Impala, Warthog,Red Hartebeest, Duiker and others.

I first visited Omalanga in 2005 with my wife Dolores and daughter Courtney. Courtney joined me hunting and we were able to get very good examples of almost all the species named above.

I returned in 2006 with Dolores, Courtney and my other daughter Paige. Once again, we had great success. Paige got her first African trophy on this trip when she shot a Kudu at a waterhole. Paige didn't even intend to hunt but couldn't resist when taking a look through the sights of Courtney's 30.06.

I returned once more in 2008 with Paige and had another fun and successful hunt. There is nothing like a hunt with your kids.

Omalanga's accomodations are safari style (a spacious tent with a nice attached bathroom which is closed off to the outdoors) with comfortable beds, adequate lighting etc. The food is also excellent and isn't restricted to game 100% of the time. Gunter and Reinhild are excellent hosts and this is a great place to bring a family. Trips to Otosha or Swakupmond can be arranged.

In summary, the game is varied and plentiful, the accomodations and food are very good and the hospitality is #1.
[/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG][IMG]<a [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]

Posts: 3 | Location: Pittsford NY | Registered: 02 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

Which PH did you hunt with in 2008?

Jim

Posts: 156 | Location: Brush Prairie, Washington | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of fixing your pictures. They were just showing up as the dreaded red X.

Congrats on your safari!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies and a beautiful family to boot! Congrat's all around. I'll be there hunting with Gunther's brother-in-law, Dirk, next June.
Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Looks like you all had a great time. Love that big eland.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Charlie, looks like you had a great hunt. I'll be at Mopane Camp on June 20th 2009 and hope to cross paths wilt Almostacowboy.

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote