New
Find
Notify
Tools

kameelkop area kwazulu natal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody ever heard of or hunted this are for kudu,eland,nyala etc?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charger: I just returned from a long stay in SA & Zim. I have been to Kameelkop. Here it is in a nut shell. The place has been sold. The game is not being well taken care of. Good for Nyala (probably 3 huntable bulls). Gemsbok and Reedbok. Saw a few Eland. Some Kudu. I didn't see any big ones.

Indoctrinate your Grandchildren to hunt....or someone else will indoctrinate them not to!

Posts: 40 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 16 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Charger, I just got back from this area and several other areas in RSA. I took a record book nyala in the area you mentioned. They have some of the best in the country there plus some great reedbuck. Kudu are adequate but not as good as Northern areas. Be prepared to climb some hills and spend a lot of time glassing the thorns.

You may contact Andrew McLaren Safaris for more specifics about this area. He arranged my hunt for me in this areas as I wanted a particularly good nyala.

Water Doctor

Posts: 4 | Location: Alaska, Africa, Western US | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote